Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Remoting 4 Demo

Here you can share your work with other users.

Moderator: Support

Meldur

Re: Remoting 4 Demo

Post by Meldur » 20 Jul 2018, 08:41

Hello,

I try to get a snapshot of the preview to see what's cued. Using the snapshot methode in the SDK I only receive the program output. Can you give me a clue?

Thanks!

stephen

Post by stephen » 20 Jul 2018, 12:40

On the Cluster Class you have a Snapshot method that takes the Pipe IID as a parameter. This should help you.

Best
Stephen

Meldur

Post by Meldur » 27 Jul 2018, 09:22

Unfortunately not realy. If I'm using 0 for PipeIID, I get the program output - that's fine. But if I'm using 1 for preview, I only get the black screen (with Ventuz watermarking in PLE) even if I see a cued scene in Director. So what I'm doing wrong?

Thank,
Meldur

stephen

Post by stephen » 27 Jul 2018, 10:24

Hi Meldur,

currently you seem to render the program pipe only. This is because you have only defined one pipe in your Audio Video Configuration on the output machine.

In order to take a snapshot, the scene needs to be rendered - for this you need to create a second pipe in the AV Configuration on your remoted machine. Best use an off-screen pipe for this.

If your first pipe is a DVI output, though, this is not possible unfortunately. You need to have an SDI or NDI output to be able to create a second output pipe.

A better practice than letting the output machine render a preview might be to let your remoting machine (i.e. the local machine) render the preview. Here you can define two off-screen pipes in the AV configuration and then take snapshots on both of them. For this you can create a second Cluster object that is connected to the localhost. Btw. this is exactly what the Ventuz Director does - on the Director Machine in the background a Ventuz Runtime is running with two off-screen pipes each rendering the program or preview - the Director grabs the rendertargets of the GPU and renders them on the UI.

Hope this gives you enough hints for a viable solution.
Best
Stephen

Meldur

Post by Meldur » 27 Jul 2018, 21:59

Thanks for the very detailed answer. I will test it next week and will report.

Karol

Post by Karol » 20 Mar 2020, 15:48

Hi Remoting fans,

here is an update of the Remoting 4 Demo.
We fixed some bugs and improved some details...

Best Regards
Karol
Attachments
Remoting4Demo_v1.3.zip
(1.43 MiB) Downloaded 287 times