Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Oculus Rift

Here you can share your work with other users.

Moderator: Support

zoidberg

Oculus Rift

Post by zoidberg » 31 Jul 2013, 09:45

Hi,

received my Oculus Rift DevKit yesterday. Really cool gadget!

And yes, it works with Ventuz. No special implementations needed, only a simple stereoscopic 3D project. For Head Tracking or other sensor requests some C++ code is necessary.

Regards,
Anton

Christian Krix Schmidt

Re: Oculus Rift

Post by Christian Krix Schmidt » 31 Jul 2013, 10:05

We received our kit a few weeks ago and finally got around to finishing the full Ventuz implementation ourselves. It is a great piece of technology. I am totally in love with it. In order for it to work you have to develop two parts however. First the connection to the head tracking like you said. And second is the optical distortion Shader to match the human eye and lens distortion. This distortion is pretty strong and without it you won't get the desired effect. But it works great.Can't wait to create some projects with it.

zoidberg

Post by zoidberg » 31 Jul 2013, 10:25

Hi Christian,

your right with the optical distortion shader.
Hope they really update the consumer version with high-res displays. The current resultion per eye is nice for first developments, but for customer projects it`s not the "yellow from the egg" ;-)

Currently i try to combine it with the Intel Perceptual Computing Camera http://software.intel.com/en-us/vcsourc ... puting-sdk. Tracking the body position with the camera and head position with the Oculus.

But i really have to improve my C++ skills....

ErikB

Post by ErikB » 02 Aug 2013, 14:28

Yah I got mine as well.. I got the shader written and working quite quickly, but I haven't done the tracking part yet. That looks a bit of a pain. And it is too hot.

The future I was promised as a kid is finally here and it is too hot for me to care. Pfft. Reality(TM) kicks my dreams in the nads again.

zoidberg

Post by zoidberg » 02 Aug 2013, 20:23

Hi Erik,

i used the minimal C# Wrapper from Davyloots: https://github.com/davyloots/riftsharp
It delivers the orientation parameters of the Rift. For some simple tests it`s very helpfull.

Regards,
Anton

Christian Krix Schmidt

Post by Christian Krix Schmidt » 04 Aug 2013, 06:09

From what I could gather the biggest problem was getting the Rift running in a C# node with Ventuz3 as it is .NET 3.5 and the Rift uses 4 or even 4.5. But luckily I did not have to deal with that one myself.

Karol

Post by Karol » 05 Aug 2013, 08:22

Ventuz 4 will be .Net 4.5 compatible!

gabrielefx

Post by gabrielefx » 25 Mar 2014, 09:50

any plan to create some dedicated node for the Oculus 2 (when available)?

regards

Chris

Post by Chris » 09 Apr 2014, 08:33

Oculus VR.........now owned by Facebook........