Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

APPCRASH (c0000005: mscorwks.dll)

Please report bugs in this group. We will maybe populate a list of known bugs with a possibly modified description at a later time.

Moderator: Support

errox

APPCRASH (c0000005: mscorwks.dll)

Post by errox » 23 Sep 2013, 16:34

Hi,

I get this APPCRASH unpredictable/randomly after 2days or after 10days...
I switch image sources and video sources in this project.
I first thought it's about any video codec, but it also accurs an "just image slideshow".

APPCRASH:
Beschreibung:
Stopped working

Problemsignatur:
Problemereignisname: APPCRASH
Application Name: VentuzPresenter.exe
Application Version: 3.8.1.0
Application Timestamp: 50d03ebd
Fault Module Name: mscorwks.dll
Fault Module Version: 2.0.50727.5456
Fault Module Timestamp: 4ef6c091
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000000000054f663
Betriebsystemversion: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Gebietsschema-ID: 1031

It looks like a fatal engine execution error and an access violation...

I found this on stackoverflow:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4550 ... corwks-dll
Fatal Engine Execution Error and an access violation are both symptoms of the same problem. FEEE is raised when the .NET garbage collector detects that the internal structure of the garbage collected heap is destroyed. An access violation is a hardware exception, raised by the processor when it is asked to access memory with an invalid address. A common cause of an AV is heap corruption.

These kind of mishaps are very commonly caused by unmanaged code. It is also quite common for unmanaged code to have latent memory management bugs that can go unnoticed for a long time. The kind of damage the bug can do tends to be quite random. Just running it on another operating system which has a different memory allocation pattern can be enough to trigger the bomb.

You have an excellent candidate for the source of the trouble. You'll need to work with the COM server vendor or author to chase the bug.
I tested it on different machines with different ram types.

errox

Re: APPCRASH (c0000005: mscorwks.dll)

Post by errox » 24 Sep 2013, 09:31

Did anyone had the same APPCRASH or any idea to avoid it? It happend today just after a day of runtime on one of the testmachines...

Karol

Re: APPCRASH (c0000005: mscorwks.dll)

Post by Karol » 25 Oct 2013, 09:20

Hi,
how can we reproduce this?
Could you post a demo scene?

Best Regards
Karol