Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Bug in Marker Node

Please report bugs in this group. We will maybe populate a list of known bugs with a possibly modified description at a later time.

Moderator: Support

errox

Bug in Marker Node

Post by errox » 28 Aug 2012, 15:40

If you got markers on the screen and those are registrated at the Marker's TouchInside and you save your scene
then the TouchInside Flag is still true after reloading the scene. A Reset (on Scene Activation) doesn't help out.

One Question about the Marker: Why does it have those "crazy" coordinates instead of providing 0-1 like in tuio?
I don't really understand the calc, because the other interaction nodes provide other ranges.
Wouldn't it be possible to have a Bool to choose between Output "calculations"/passthrough? Would be helpful.

errox

Re: Bug in Marker Node

Post by errox » 30 Aug 2012, 15:02

Hi Alex,

it is still happening in the current version. That problem also occures when interfacing a hierachy container that contains a marker node.
The node internally uses 0-1 and multiplies it by the screen's size to provide absolute pixel or something like that.
I can comprehend that when I use sth like the "reactivion tuio simulator", dividing values through my resolution I get my 0-1.
But if I do so and my render window's size is changed the X,Y values get a new range... a little bit tricky.
Btw is it possible to get somehow the rendersize in an info node (to recalc the division)?

But with the device I use I need to devide through 3690000 (x) and 1167000 (y), its resolution is 1920x1080...
Thats why I would prefer normalized values to get the "right mapping".
It might be possible to create such an "object-space"-mode as well for the marker node and return as X/Y the closest approximation of translation to match the screen position of the marker. what do you think?
I really like that idea!! It would be nice to choose between screen-space/"object-space"/normalized!

Greets Nico