Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Stereoscopy issue

Please report bugs in this group. We will maybe populate a list of known bugs with a possibly modified description at a later time.

Moderator: Support

SamTheSwede

Stereoscopy issue

Post by SamTheSwede » 15 Jun 2012, 09:08

Hi V-Team!

It seems to me (although it's the first real 3D project I'm doing) that the view for both eyes are rendered on the left eye / left side of the screen. The right side is always empty and if I increase the Frustum shift value I see two objects on the left side (but still nothing on the right side)
I've tried both internal and external key mode and there is no difference in the output.

3D Stereo setting: SideBySide
Ventuz V3.07.00 x64
DeltaCast HD E Key 2-2, Driver 5.08
AMD Fire Pro V5900

I need this in time for the Euro 2012 final on July 1st, so if this is a real bug and not just a stupid mistake by me, could you recommend a version to roll back to?

All the best!

/ Sam

Ralf Stanke

Re: Stereoscopy issue

Post by Ralf Stanke » 15 Jun 2012, 10:12

Hi Sam,

the 3D stereo implementation is still very experimental - so you discovered a bug.
To work around this, simply insert a ViewPort node as the most top item in your scene - that should fix the issue.
(don't forget the set the background alpha of that ViewPort to zero if you use keying)

There are more limitations in the current version:
  • ViewPorts (sub-viewports) are not processed correctly on the two eyes
  • Overlay Rectangle doesn't render properly
  • RenderTargets don't work at all. because there is no way to declare the actual usage the the content rendered on them
    "as-overlay": in that case the eye modification must apply also 'inside' the render target
    "as-texture": the result is used to be mapped on another geometry and should not 'shift' the eyes.
Btw, touch and other interaction nodes always point to the 'unshifted' positions of the objects.

So if you can live with these limits... give it a try!

Best regards

Ralf

SamTheSwede

Re: Stereoscopy issue

Post by SamTheSwede » 18 Jun 2012, 08:41

Ah, thanks Ralf!

I've tried it with a viewport in front and it works like a charm!

Thank you, and now, let's hope for Germany in the Euro 2012 since Sweden is out!

// Sam