Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Moving Families in the Content window

Post requests for new features to this forum group. Any suggestion to expand the possibilities of Ventuz are welcome.

Moderator: Support

Joe Styles

Moving Families in the Content window

Post by Joe Styles » 22 Mar 2012, 13:08

Would it be possible to move a whole family in the Content window even when the items are nodes are collapsed?
How many times have you move a collapesed item then expand it later on and all your nice layout has moved because the other items in the collapsed tree reside in the origonal position then everything moves.. doh!

It really would help keep some of those crazy diagrams in the content widow under control :?
Joe Styles
Kinetic Pixel

Oliver

Re: Moving Families in the Content window

Post by Oliver » 17 Apr 2012, 11:27

hi,
which version are you on, cause if I do this on 3.061 I encounter no problem with it, maybe i got you wrong...

Im moving a whole family while everything inside is collapsed, when I expand - everything has the same position inside the family window as before the move.

Joe Styles

Post by Joe Styles » 18 Apr 2012, 16:39

Hi Oliver,

Yeah I think I have worked out what was going wrong now.. it was down to moving a single node that is part of a family and that family is comply collapsed.
I have attached a sample. If you expand the family connected to that axis, you will see they are all nice and close together. Collapse it again and move it and the other nodes stay where they are. I can see why the content window behaves like this but unless you know to not move a single node collapsed in a family you do end up with some crazy layouts.

Thanks!
Joe
Attachments
Family Moving.vzs
(5.58 KiB) Downloaded 388 times
Joe Styles
Kinetic Pixel

Robert

Post by Robert » 19 Apr 2012, 12:39

Hi,

Maybe a solution would be to be able to block the position of nodes inside the content window.

robert