Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

few suggestions

Post requests for new features to this forum group. Any suggestion to expand the possibilities of Ventuz are welcome.

Moderator: Support

gabrielefx

few suggestions

Post by gabrielefx » 06 May 2013, 20:20

Hi,
some suggestions:

UI:
icons of all windows on the tool bar, I can switch them on off
set render point and merge to container icons on the toolbar
save window layouts with names

Hierarchy:
search for named nodes
filters window: show only scene materials, show only texts, etc.
make unique: if I instanced a hierarchy I can make it unique
seal container with password

Content:
zoom extents
snap to grid
ctrl+drag to clone

Animation:
go to start (frame 0) playhead
logic and diagram windows detachable in separate windows with bidirectional feedback

Renderer:
highlight of selected axis
top and side view

Oliver

Re: few suggestions

Post by Oliver » 07 May 2013, 13:40

UI:
icons of all windows on the tool bar, I can switch them on off (you find this under "view")
set render point and merge to container icons on the toolbar (rightclick -> merge to container)
save window layouts with names (V4 Director does this)

Hierarchy:
search for named nodes (tools-> options-> toolbox-> set Fasttoolbox (space) to alphabetical)
filters window: show only scene materials, show only texts, etc. (tools-> scenestatistics)
make unique: if I instanced a hierarchy I can make it unique ???
seal container with password not possible yet afaik

Content:
zoom extents (mousewheel ??)
snap to grid (tools-> options-> Tree Editors-> Snap to grid)
ctrl+drag to clone (works with left and rightclick)

Animation:
go to start (frame 0) playhead
logic and diagram windows detachable in separate windows with bidirectional feedback (why oO ?? - but ok :) )

Renderer:
highlight of selected axis (renderer window ->enable bounidngboxes & enable in renderer edit mode)
top and side view (insert cameras where ever you need them and switch them)

cheers
O

gabrielefx

Re: few suggestions

Post by gabrielefx » 07 May 2013, 19:00

Oliver wrote:UI:
icons of all windows on the tool bar, I can switch them on off (you find this under "view") I know it
set render point and merge to container icons on the toolbar (rightclick -> merge to container) I know it
save window layouts with names (V4 Director does this) OK!

Hierarchy:
search for named nodes (tools-> options-> toolbox-> set Fasttoolbox (space) to alphabetical) I don't mean that but search of used node
filters window: show only scene materials, show only texts, etc. (tools-> scenestatistics) thanks!
make unique: if I instanced a hierarchy I can make it unique ??? turn an instanced node in not istanced
seal container with password not possible yet afaik

Content:
zoom extents (mousewheel ??) yes is more rapid
snap to grid (tools-> options-> Tree Editors-> Snap to grid) thanks!
ctrl+drag to clone (works with left and rightclick) for me don't work, I have to do ctrl+c then ctrl+v

Animation:
go to start (frame 0) playhead ???
logic and diagram windows detachable in separate windows with bidirectional feedback (why oO ?? - but ok :) )

Renderer:
highlight of selected axis (renderer window ->enable bounidngboxes & enable in renderer edit mode) I mean flashing center, x ,y or z axes on mouse over
top and side view (insert cameras where ever you need them and switch them) auto insert?

cheers
O
Thank you!