Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Create dynamically and get gabarit

Post requests for new features to this forum group. Any suggestion to expand the possibilities of Ventuz are welcome.

Moderator: Support

Svetozar

Create dynamically and get gabarit

Post by Svetozar » 10 Jan 2013, 15:29

Hi!
We have several reasons for don't use ventuz in our tasks...
There are two major things for us (about this I haven't any information):
1. I can't generate nodes by script.
I need for atomatically create nodes according to unpredictable data.
2. I can't get common parameters of any node, for example gabarits and global matrix transformation.
Only text-node have bounding box outputs.

Will these features be in the new version? :roll:

ErikB

Re: Create dynamically and get gabarit

Post by ErikB » 11 Jan 2013, 14:14

Dynamic node creation from scripts will come at some point, but most likely not in v4.0. There are big issues with this and performance stability that we need to really look into before we go that route. For the most part, these issues can be solved using a pool of nodes and changing the incoming data, it has been my experience that the need to dynamically create new nodes is actually often far less than imagined, though without doubt it can exist.

We can get global positions of objects with the get world node, though of course with one frame delay. This is the result of processing the stack hierarchically as we do (i.e. it must traverse the entire scene graph in order to find an absolute position - because we can have multiple stacked axes). To change this would require some deeper changes in the way we work internally, which could happen at some point, but is not something short term.

-Erik

Svetozar

Post by Svetozar » 14 Jan 2013, 15:08

Thank you for the answers!
ErikB wrote:Dynamic node creation from scripts will come at some point, but most likely not in v4.0. There are big issues with this and performance stability that we need to really look into before we go that route. For the most part, these issues can be solved using a pool of nodes and changing the incoming data, it has been my experience that the need to dynamically create new nodes is actually often far less than imagined, though without doubt it can exist.
Understand.. what a pity(
ErikB wrote: We can get global positions of objects with the get world node, though of course with one frame delay. This is the result of processing the stack hierarchically as we do (i.e. it must traverse the entire scene graph in order to find an absolute position - because we can have multiple stacked axes). To change this would require some deeper changes in the way we work internally, which could happen at some point, but is not something short term.
Hm.. How I can get this? Delay doesn't matter for a start. :)
In Vizrt-script I can evaluate command "RecalculateMatrix" and immidiatly get actually transformation matrix - it very helpfull for me to create brilliant dynamics in scene.

I hope that all possibilities will realize in new version. I can't freely work in Ventuz because insufficiency current realization for me.

ErikB

Post by ErikB » 17 Jan 2013, 12:25

In the axis stack in the toolbox, you will find get world, set world and billboard axis nodes.

Just right click on the Axis node in the toolbox.

happyt

Post by happyt » 07 Mar 2013, 01:14

It would be useful toreador scenes from other devices and create a scene in Ventuz. That's why I would need to create from a basic set of parts. I could convert from my current systems.

IanM