Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Shader tex2Dlod

Post requests for new features to this forum group. Any suggestion to expand the possibilities of Ventuz are welcome.

Moderator: Support

mofo7777

Shader tex2Dlod

Post by mofo7777 » 28 Oct 2012, 12:09

Hello.

To implement particles system in Ventuz, i ask you for a 32 bits rendertarget wich you provide in the last release.
unfortunatly, intrisic shader function "tex2dlod" is not supported in Ventuz...

I post a message on how to forum, about using Direct3DDevice9->SetStreamSource in Ventuz. If there is no way to achieve this, a SetStreamSourceVentuz node would be a great feature too.

What about geometry shader and directx11 ? What about the future for DirectX fonctionnality in Ventuz ?

mofo7777

Re: Shader tex2Dlod

Post by mofo7777 » 06 Nov 2012, 12:02

Thank you for the answer.

It seems that i'm not the only one who ask for this feature, but i can understand it's not a priority.

According to this link :http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... s.85).aspx

I can't see that Directx9Ex can support shader model higher than 3. The extended D3D9 version only improve mode of presenting images. But perhaps we don't talk about the same thing.