Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Resetting Interactive node.

Post requests for new features to this forum group. Any suggestion to expand the possibilities of Ventuz are welcome.

Moderator: Support

joysprod

Resetting Interactive node.

Post by joysprod » 29 Jan 2012, 10:22

Would be great to reset a rotation node with the ability to have a damping control instead of it just resetting straight to zero.

I had a 3d globe where the client wanted to have interactive buttons going to countries, and also have the ability to manually spin the world. The only way the buttons would then correctly align the globe was to reset the rotation node, but this cannot be done smoothly.

Joysprod

Daniel Willer

Re: Resetting Interactive node.

Post by Daniel Willer » 30 Jan 2012, 11:04

It is on our roadmap for Ventuz4.
There already is a way to solve your problem but it is quite complicated. You have to disable MotionApply property on the Tocuh node and bind the values to an Axis node then take the present position value and interplolate to zero with an expression.
You can find an example in the helpscene of the Array node (Array Advanced).

squiggle

Post by squiggle » 30 Jan 2012, 15:10

Couldn't you just also deactivate the Behaviour and insert a Damper or Oscillator between the orbit node and the axis? After multiple rotations the rotation back to zero will be quite a wild ride, but at least it's not a hard cut.

chriss0212

Post by chriss0212 » 30 Jan 2012, 15:21

hi all

if you are looking for something like this please send me a pm!

greetz

chriss
Attachments
ResetTouchTranslation_sealed.vza
(30.61 KiB) Downloaded 476 times