Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Camera Animation by using States

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

DaVince86

Camera Animation by using States

Post by DaVince86 » 27 Feb 2012, 20:39

I've run into yet another problem... Hope you guys can help!

I've created an animation with different states and each state of course has a different position, tilt and pan value. When I press a certain button from the main menu in my scene, the camera moves from state 1 to state 2. I've done this by binding a a toggle node to the button and to the "next" property of my state animation. Now here is where I run into my little problem. When the same button is pressed again, I want it to move from state 2 to state 1 and NOT state 2 to state 3. So that specific button needs to toggle between state 1 and 2 at all times and ignore the other states. What is the easiest way to set this up?

I still need the other states though (for example if the user presses a different button in the submenu, I DO want the animation to go from state 2 to state 3) So I can't just delete them.

I hope all of this make sense, I confuse myself at the best of times. ;)

Thanks,

Vincent

Daniel Willer

Re: Camera Animation by using States

Post by Daniel Willer » 28 Feb 2012, 10:37

You can customize the State Logic with your own CustomMethods and Rules.
Have a look in the UserManual

Cheers!

DaVince86

Re: Camera Animation by using States

Post by DaVince86 » 28 Feb 2012, 20:27

Brilliant. Thanks! Yeah sorry the state animation was a whole new concept to wrap my head around but I've finally figured it out.

Thanks again!

Cheers