Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Loosing good cluster clock synchronisation

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

Robert

Loosing good cluster clock synchronisation

Post by Robert » 24 Feb 2012, 15:30

Hi,

What can make a video jerky even if the fps stay at 50 and the video time is about 1.0 ms?

I've done a test with two clusters.
The master play an empty scene and the slave play a movie when I press a key.
When the movie doesn't play the slave cluster info stay in green.
When the movie is playing the slave cluster info blinking and video is jerky.

It seems to be a bad understanding of the cluster clock by the slave or something like this...

The problem occur especially with two AMD V8800 cards without the swap sync enable. (when i enable the swap sync the cluster info stay perfectly green)
When I make the test with two Nvidia Geforce It run quiete stable even if sometime the cluster clock is lost (cluster info sometime stay gray for a few time when playing the movie).
When I mix the graphics cards perfect green cluster info is random.

Robert

chriss0212

Re: Loosing good cluster clock synchronisation

Post by chriss0212 » 24 Feb 2012, 15:59

hi robert

are you sure, that all of your system is running on 50 fps? it is quite important, that especialy your master is running on 50 because he is generating your cluster clock...and if your client or your master is on 60....i will be jerky! and it is important that also your gui display is running on 50! otherwise the system could switch internal to 60fps!

greetz

chriss

Robert

Re: Loosing good cluster clock synchronisation

Post by Robert » 24 Feb 2012, 16:03

hi Chriss,

I use Gefen EDID Detective and they are set to 1920x1080@50hz. Movies files are encoded in 25 fps.

Robert