Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

C4D Camera matching

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

TJELLE

C4D Camera matching

Post by TJELLE » 01 Apr 2014, 21:55

What is the best way to match C4D positions in Ventuz 3D space?

Since units of measure (cm, m, km, inches) are arbitrary in Ventuz, is there a unit in C4D that matches?

dae. Files do not seem to retain the camera hence no camera animation so I need to track values from c4d camera pos/rot to ventuz camera pos/rot.

Thanks!

Daniel Willer

Re: C4D Camera matching

Post by Daniel Willer » 06 May 2014, 11:08

Hi it is hard to say you need to play around with the scaling factors during ex- and import.

Christian Krix Schmidt

Post by Christian Krix Schmidt » 06 May 2014, 13:35

I set the units in Cinema to Centimeters. (Main Menu -> Edit -> Preferences -> Units) Then 1cm in C4D equals one unit in Ventuz and one unit in Maya. So a cube of 1cm x 1cm by 1cm in Cinema4D is exaclty 1x1x1 unit in Ventuz. I export using Collada exporter 1.4. You can export/import camera animations using Collada. I just tried it. Select export animation in the Collada exporter in C4D. Select "Import to Scene" from the Cameras section in the Importer window in Ventuz as well as "Import to Scene" and "Use single Animation node" in the Animations section of the importer.

BUT, the rotation order of Cinema4D and Ventuz is different. You can change the rotation order from the default HPB in Cinema4D but another one but I have no idea what that should be. If you select the camera in C4D in the Attibutes Editor is a pull down menu labeled Order under the rotation values.

Dear Ventuz, do you use ZXY rotation order? I forgot what it was. That was ages ago that I last dealt with that topic.

ErikB

Post by ErikB » 14 May 2014, 10:11

You can set the rotation order in Ventuz to be whatever you want... just select the axis and change it :)

-E

Christian Krix Schmidt

Post by Christian Krix Schmidt » 14 May 2014, 10:39

Me stupid. Of course you can.