Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Masking Help

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

allen hyoga

Masking Help

Post by allen hyoga » 28 Jun 2013, 07:46

In my opinion,to do a mask effect in photoshop or flash is a very easy thing.However,I have no idea how to make a masking in ventuz,cause masking only works on texture.My application shows a short message list,so how to put the whole list behind the phone cover ?
An illustration is in below:
Attachments
mask.jpg

Götz_B

Re: Masking Help

Post by Götz_B » 28 Jun 2013, 08:57

Hi Allen,

you should have a look at the Stencil nodes.

Regards
Götz

Daniel Willer

Post by Daniel Willer » 28 Jun 2013, 08:59

Hey There,

There are actually to ways to mask elements in Ventuz. The first one is a so called stencil what means you define a Part of your Ventuz tree as an Mask and use it in another tree.
Check the UserManual to understand the Stencil nodes or press F1 on the Stencil node to get an interactive example.
By design the Stencil is a hard mask and can not be feathered. To do a "SoftMask" you can use a simple gradient texture with alpha.

Cheers!

allen hyoga

Post by allen hyoga » 28 Jun 2013, 09:47

Daniel Willer wrote:Hey There,

There are actually to ways to mask elements in Ventuz. The first one is a so called stencil what means you define a Part of your Ventuz tree as an Mask and use it in another tree.
Check the UserManual to understand the Stencil nodes or press F1 on the Stencil node to get an interactive example.
By design the Stencil is a hard mask and can not be feathered. To do a "SoftMask" you can use a simple gradient texture with alpha.

Cheers!
Thanks!! You remind me to use the Stencil Node in time.However,after I add Stencil Test node to my element tree,all of textures do not work,which are getting white!
Could you kindly help me to find the reason ? My project vza is attached.

Regards
Allen
Attachments
help.vza
(529.53 KiB) Downloaded 349 times
snapshot.jpg

Christian Krix Schmidt

Post by Christian Krix Schmidt » 28 Jun 2013, 09:52

You actually need two Nodes. Add the Stencil Set Node to define the area that you want masked. You do not need any shading of the geometry after the Test node. And add the Test node in front of your subtree you want to mask. Now choose the same Layer for both nodes and you are done. You can invert the mask using the property of the Test node. This way you can easily animate and control the masking independent of the content.

allen hyoga

Post by allen hyoga » 28 Jun 2013, 11:03

In F1 help sample,the texture of object to be marked does not work ?The message list wanna be masked in my project uses lots of textures ...so... :roll:
Attachments
notwork.jpg

allen hyoga

Post by allen hyoga » 01 Jul 2013, 04:20

Sorry,I'm in a hurry to complete this project.Any help ?

Thanks! :D

Regards
AllenH

chriss0212

Post by chriss0212 » 01 Jul 2013, 07:46

hi allen

if you just want to scroll the texture with hard edges: switch the mapping setting of the texture to border...adjust the border to transparen and animate the y position of the texture. all adjustment and animation can be done in the mapping node!

greetz

christian

Götz_B

Post by Götz_B » 01 Jul 2013, 10:54

Hi Allen,

you used the stencil nodes reversed. You need to swap set and test. Additionally you need to respect the rendering order. There is a quick fix of your scene in the attachement.

Regards
Götz
Attachments
help.vza
(528.55 KiB) Downloaded 359 times

allen hyoga

Post by allen hyoga » 01 Jul 2013, 12:22

Götz_B wrote:Hi Allen,

you used the stencil nodes reversed. You need to swap set and test. Additionally you need to respect the rendering order. There is a quick fix of your scene in the attachement.

Regards
Götz
Woooow!It works.Hi,you did a big favour.Thank you very much! :P
I think I need to make up the lesson of Stencil node as soon as possible.It's really a cute control.

Thanks to all.

Regards
allenH