Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

video capture

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

beckman david

video capture

Post by beckman david » 20 May 2013, 08:32

Capturing video from web camera via Live video node, what kind of video card do you usually recommend? Decklink or Black Magic only? In addition, as far as I know, there are 8 devices available in the live video node, does it mean that video matrix should be used when go beyond 8,right? If yes, what brand and model do you use?

Cheers!
becckman

Chris

Re: video capture

Post by Chris » 20 May 2013, 14:24

Hi,

Ive not used any blackmagic or decklink cards, but ive not heard the best reports about either. Deltacast is your best choice for use with Ventuz.
If you do want more than 8 live streams, yes you would need to use a matrix switcher to accomplish this. (unless someone knows something i dont ;) )
Also consider how many feeds you need on screen at the same time, if there is only ever 4 at one time say, then no need for more than four live streams ;)

chris

beckman david

Post by beckman david » 21 May 2013, 02:04

Hi Chris,
Thanks for your reply!
For Deltacast, which model do you recommend and how much is it in Euro? I can't find dealer of Deltacast in China.
How many video cards can one machine support simultaneously?

Thanks!
Beckman

chriss0212

Post by chriss0212 » 21 May 2013, 06:50

hi david

as chriss said: best choice is deltacast! you can youse decklink, but this is not official supported by ventuz! next important question: how many live inputs do you want to show at the same time? and what is your input resolution?

if delay is important (live speach for eg) deltacast is the choice!

if you just need one or two live inputs at the same time, you should use a matrix switcher to switch between your sources!

greetz

christian

ErikB

Post by ErikB » 21 May 2013, 14:51

Backmagic cards are supported in Ventuz 4. Optimal are Deltacast or DVS.

As to how many we support - it depends on your hardware. SOoner or later, your bus will be overloaded, so that is usually the limitation. If you need FullHD, then probably 4-6 will be the upper limit. If you are at a lower res, then more will be possible.

beckman david

Post by beckman david » 21 May 2013, 16:18

Hi Christian,
As far as I know, blackmagic will be ok despite some frames delay for Ventuz3, right? It seems that Deltacast has no reseller in China. So.... :(

Cheers!
Beckman

beckman david

Post by beckman david » 21 May 2013, 16:20

Hi EricB,
There will not frame delay for Blackmagic in Ventuz4, right?

Cheers!
Beckman

ErikB

Post by ErikB » 22 May 2013, 14:58

Well, regardless of the card manufacturer or software, there will always be a frame delay, it is not physically possible to avoid it. (it requires at least one frame to read...)