Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

some questions

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

gabrielefx

some questions

Post by gabrielefx » 10 May 2013, 19:58

why custom model icon is a tiny circle and not an arrow? It should describe the direction from-to: S1>--S2 or S1--<S2 or S1>--<S2

why when I move my mouse over a content connection the duration of the pop up window has a duration of only 5 seconds? I's difficult to see (and understand) what are the overlapped connections.

why when I double click on a content container I can't see the hierarchy window?

ErikB

Re: some questions

Post by ErikB » 13 May 2013, 12:52

gabrielefx wrote:why custom model icon is a tiny circle and not an arrow? It should describe the direction from-to: S1>--S2 or S1--<S2 or S1>--<S2
The arrows are new a feature of V4 that handles auto-routing for state transitions inside of template mechanics. In the "normal" way, you have the circle because you might have several paths from one state to another or to others, so the custom model defines the methods that trigger that transition.
gabrielefx wrote: why when I move my mouse over a content connection the duration of the pop up window has a duration of only 5 seconds? I's difficult to see (and understand) what are the overlapped connections.
Currently that is the workflow - you can click on it to get the window to stay (though don't then disconnect them by accident)
gabrielefx wrote: why when I double click on a content container I can't see the hierarchy window?
Because at that point you are in a different space - you could, for example, not link from inside a content container to a different node in the heirarchy editor. Thus it makes no sense. As you begin to work with global variables (scene data) in V4, this also becomes easier. But still, seeing the heirarchy while you are editing a content container would merely be confusing and misleading.