Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Rock - Bump vs. normal map

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

Marko

Rock - Bump vs. normal map

Post by Marko » 08 May 2013, 14:51

Hi,
for a sports shoe outdoor scene I have to use rocks and trees.
Do get the rocks a little bit sexier I thought I could use the textur to bump node.
But the effect of the bump is not so good at my rock. In my opinon I do also not recognize remarkable changes while chanching the values in the F1-example-scene of the bump node.
Isn´t there a node to load a normal map in order to bring the structure of the rock into the front or does the bump node not work or is it my mistake?
Marko
Attachments
rock.jpg

Oliver

Re: Rock - Bump vs. normal map

Post by Oliver » 08 May 2013, 14:59

The bumbmap helpscene should provide the info you will need i think.

cheers
O

Marko

Re: Rock - Bump vs. normal map

Post by Marko » 08 May 2013, 16:09

Marko wrote:Hi,
In my opinon I do also not recognize remarkable changes while chanching the values in the F1-example-scene of the bump node.
Hi Oliver,
I do feel that the bump node in the nodes F1 example does not bring a significant bump effect.
If I use the bump node like in the helpscene (with the specific rock texture in grey 0-255) I got this result:
Attachments
rock_bumped.jpg