Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

remote with TouchOSC

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

alfred

remote with TouchOSC

Post by alfred » 20 Mar 2013, 14:49

I set up the touch osc as listed below, but I can't control it, who can give a hand, thx.
the properties of the OSC input is in the attachment, and the OSC port and multicast is same with the value of Touch OSC, the value of layout is also set up as "int1", same with the OSC input.

alfred
Attachments
test touchosc.png
test-1 touch osc.png

Daniel Willer

Re: remote with TouchOSC

Post by Daniel Willer » 20 Mar 2013, 17:12

You need to add an OSC Adress to the Ventuz OSC IN node. In your case the Adress should be /int1.
Read the Usermanual for further info..

Cheers!

alfred

Post by alfred » 21 Mar 2013, 01:36

as your instruction, i set the address of osc input node as '/int1", but it still does not work. In my case, the multicastIP address is 192.168.1.101, that is the address of Touch OSC ip address, do I set correctly? furthermore, "If the MulticastIP is set, the node will listen to that address instead of the port on the local machine", does this sentence mean that in case the multicastIP is set, it will be unuseful to set the port address on the local machine?
In addition, the error message said:"7:59 2013/3/21 Error : (OSC Input): Couldn't initialize OSC NetReader for: 192.168.1.101:9000. Most probably the specified port is allocated to another IP address".

thx
alfred

Daniel Willer

Post by Daniel Willer » 21 Mar 2013, 10:19

OK first of all,
192.XXX.XXX.XX is not a multicast adress it is a singelcast adress. Multicast adresses are in the range 224.0.0.0 through 239.255.255.255.
If you leave the MulticastIP property on the OSC node empty the node listens to the local IP adress and to the specified Port of the machine.
If you are sending your data to a multicast adress you need to add it to the OSC node if you don't use multicast just leave it empty.

Cheers!

alfred

Post by alfred » 21 Mar 2013, 10:42

Hi Daniel,
Sounds one step forward, but as i press the button of touch osc on ipad, there will be a error message "17:31 2013/3/21 Error : OSC Purge: Error purging messages: Error purging and dispatching OSC messages: Invalid character (\45) / Invalid character (\45)".

thx
alfred

alfred

Post by alfred » 22 Mar 2013, 08:26

I set the port of transmitter with 7000, and the receiver with 7001, no commnunication between ipad and machine. when the port of the transmitter is same with the receive, there will be a error message"15:21 2013/3/22 Error : OSC Purge: Error purging messages: Error purging and dispatching OSC messages: Invalid character (\45) / Invalid character (\45)".
Anything wrong with my setup?

thx
alfred

alfred

Post by alfred » 22 Mar 2013, 17:06

it works! :D
here is the setup:
the address of touch osc should be the osc in the layout editor, here is the /1/fader1; the Args should be the name in the layout editor, here is the fader1.

alfred