Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

How to implement image flow (carrossel) with Ventuz

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

lorentzyip

How to implement image flow (carrossel) with Ventuz

Post by lorentzyip » 19 Mar 2013, 05:43

Hi all,

I'm new to the Ventuz world. I would much appreciate if some experts here could share how to implement the image flow (carrossel) like the music albums are shown in iTunes.

Thanks!

Oliver

Re: How to implement image flow (carrossel) with Ventuz

Post by Oliver » 19 Mar 2013, 13:13

this is very thin ^^
I suggest you try around yourself and post your specific questions here.
Nobody is going to post an essay of step by step manual for it. :D

cheers

Christian Krix Schmidt

Post by Christian Krix Schmidt » 19 Mar 2013, 16:02

Oliver is right. That is quite a long description one would have to write.

Just some quick ideas: For the positioning of the elements you could use a programmatic approach. But it is probably easier if you use a Keyframe Animation in the beginning. Create a template rectangle on which you show the thumbnail. Animate it the way you want your carousel to work. Duplicate 9 times and embed them in a master animation. So now you have ten objects that are animated like a cariousel. Use a Simple Controller and bind the prorgess to your mouse for example. Use a clipping node to clip the range of the ClippedX/Y mouse outputs to the 0-100 range of the Simple Controller progress. Now you have a static carousel with mouse control. That might be a good starting point. In order for the thing to be dynamic you need the templates to get dynamic content based on their position. And add an automatic snap in. So if the Simple Controller progress is around a value of 10 or 20 for example and you let go of the mouse it automatically snaps in. You can do that with an expression that checks the progress value and if the mouse clipping values no longer change. With an added damper in between this expression and the simple controller progress you can have a soft snapping.

Again. These are just a few ideas of the tip of my hat. There are a lot of different ways of solving this work. Maybe some of what I wrote helps you and gives you a few ideas.

lorentzyip

Post by lorentzyip » 20 Mar 2013, 10:17

Thank you all so much for your suggestion especially Christian's one. Actually my boss asked me to prepare a POC with Ventuz for a multitoch application in a few days. Unfortunately I've just learnt Ventuz for less than a week and are still trying to get familiar with Ventuz GUI and its design concept, so I tried to ask here if someone had experience doing this so that I could reverse engineer by example, which would help me a lot to learn it faster. Although I have done a few WPF projects which have a GUI element similar to the cover flow with FluidKit but doing this in Ventuz is a different story. Not only is it a visual programming approach (still trying hard to learn each node's input/output parameters and how to link them between different nodes) but also there are not many examples I could find on the Internet. However, I quite believe that it could help me to quickly build applications once I get familiar with Ventuz.

Also, thanks Alex for the patent info, I wasn't aware that before ;)