Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

How to make a transparent object with bump texture

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

allen hyoga

How to make a transparent object with bump texture

Post by allen hyoga » 12 Mar 2013, 11:11

Hi, How to make a transparent object with bump texture ?

Just like a ice cube, the surface of which is bump ups and downs, or with some raised pattern...
I have a tried that the Bump Map shader in ventuz, however, the given wheel sample works only the texture is opaque.Finally i have to make a 'bump' model in maya and give ice texture to be done in Ventuz.So there are many transparent object model in usual,like glass cup, cola bottle...could it be said that I gotta make the complex surface model for every object which like i said ?

Any advice is welcome,thanks
Attachments
iceresult.jpg
cup.jpg

Oliver

Re: How to make a transparent object with bump texture

Post by Oliver » 19 Mar 2013, 12:58

A bump map does not change your geometry - so of course you will always see the "true" form when you go opaque since the bumpmap is only a texture.
What you are looking for is kind of a Vertexshading with Height/dislocation map.
But
depending on what you have to do it will probably be easier to model your things yourself. Especially models from glasses bottles and other stuff are easy to design and very often for free/cc to get.

btw I like your cubes

cheers

allen hyoga

Post by allen hyoga » 20 Mar 2013, 08:56

Oliver wrote:A bump map does not change your geometry - so of course you will always see the "true" form when you go opaque since the bumpmap is only a texture.
What you are looking for is kind of a Vertexshading with Height/dislocation map.
But
depending on what you have to do it will probably be easier to model your things yourself. Especially models from glasses bottles and other stuff are easy to design and very often for free/cc to get.

btw I like your cubes

cheers
Thanks,Oliver.
And I have another question that about the effect of multi texture.I give both a AO and normal texture for a 3d object.For one texture AO or normal texture,it shows well.However,I wanna get a better effect,including bump and real shadow.So I overlay a AO texture and a normal texture for this 3D Text model,it shows bad, which does not work just like in a 3D software(3dmax or maya) finally.
What's the reason, any way to carry out this kind of using multi texture ? I set a sample in the attachment.
Attachments
texture-ao-work.jpg
texture-ao1.jpg
texture-ao-work1.jpg

allen hyoga

Post by allen hyoga » 20 Mar 2013, 09:03

attached next.
Attachments
texture-ao.jpg

Oliver

Post by Oliver » 20 Mar 2013, 12:22

havent tried specificly to bumpmap and AO a Geometry, but i can see the use case.
you got to set the blending stages right. That should do.

allen hyoga

Post by allen hyoga » 21 Mar 2013, 05:41

Hi Oliver,
Sorry,I could not follow your meaning for my new question.What you said that set the blending stages right, is it a property for the texture node...sorry,I uploaded my project in the attachment,pls help me to check and fix my wrong operation ? thanku very much. :P

Regards
AllenH
Attachments
3Dvza.vza
(1.74 MiB) Downloaded 293 times

Karol

Post by Karol » 21 Mar 2013, 09:59

Hi!

To your initial post: what you need is a Refraction shader!

Cheers
Karol

Karol

Post by Karol » 21 Mar 2013, 10:28

Hi again!

The Bumpmap shader can only handle 2 textures: a displacement texture and an optional diffuse texture.
The order of the textures is important: first is always treated as displacement map!

Cheers!
Karol