Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Presentation on ipad

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

MICABIM

Presentation on ipad

Post by MICABIM » 28 Feb 2013, 19:43

Hi,

I make a presentation, but I want used it on my iPad to show it.
I need buy any app to do this or only a function on ventuz. :roll:

Thanks,

Monica

Oliver

Re: Presentation on ipad

Post by Oliver » 01 Mar 2013, 11:44

Yes and no.

http://live.stereolize.com/2012/10/18/2 ... -ipad.html

Ventuz runs only on Windows based systems.
There are workarounds but probably none that u will like.

I actually i dont know if it is possible to boot an I-Pad with e.g. windows mobile.
Stereolize realized it with a kind of a remote desktop solution - but this is - in my experience- often laggy...

Christian Krix Schmidt

Post by Christian Krix Schmidt » 01 Mar 2013, 12:11

Ventuz will never run in any decent or usable way on current iPads. Like Oliver wrote, it's WIndows only. Which means in turn however that you can run it on any full WIndows 8 tablet (even Windows 7). No Windows RT however. There are quite a lot of tablets with the full version of Windows 8 available. Get one with an i3 or i5 processor not an Atom one. Those are a bit too slow and you can run Ventuz on it. We recently did an entire Ventuz application running on a Samsung Windows tablet. They have Intel 3000 or Intel 4000 graphics chips and can run Ventuz. You cannot do too much and have to optimize a bit but you can actually create decent presentations - even with 3D animations that you would otherwise have to program to make possible on an iPad. So my advise would be to drop the iPad and just go with a WIndows tablet.

Oliver

Post by Oliver » 04 Mar 2013, 14:55

Christian Krix Schmidt wrote: So my advise would be to drop the iPad and just go with a WIndows tablet.
which I personally think is generally the best way :P

Daniel Willer

Post by Daniel Willer » 06 Mar 2013, 12:35

I've used Splashtop a couple of times on an Ipad and it works quite well and is very responsive for TouchApplications as well.
http://www.splashtop.com/splashtop2.

Cheers!

Christian Krix Schmidt

Post by Christian Krix Schmidt » 06 Mar 2013, 13:06

In a single setup probably. But on an event with dozends of WiFi networks active and several clients streaming content at the same time such solutions tend to be unreliable and sluggish. Maybe in a few years when the network technology has further improved or highly professional equipment becomes more affordable it is a choice. I wouldn't do it.

mortoni

Post by mortoni » 07 Mar 2013, 09:58

We've used splashtop quite a bit with no problems, but we generally need a different interface shown on the iPad. We just build a web front end for that. There are several methods to connect to the main scene. Having a Windows tablet just makes it easier because Ventuz runs on client and main machines.

dondi

Post by dondi » 08 Mar 2013, 22:14

While Erik was visiting here on Monday, we installed Ventuz on my Microsoft Surface Pro device and it works very nicely!!!!!! :o

alfred

Post by alfred » 11 Mar 2013, 15:24

if the presentation has some 3D models or 3D effect, is it possible for it running smoothly on a windows based tablet, like surface?

alfred

dondi

Post by dondi » 11 Mar 2013, 16:14

@Alfred I cannot answer that question definitively as I have no working experience with Ventuz (yet). We are just starting to dip our toes into the proverbial waters. If there is a Ventuz project or tutorial that came with Ventuz that could be used as a baseline to answer your question, I would be more than happy to open it and give you feedback