Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Presentation on ipad

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

in_ty

Re: Presentation on ipad

Post by in_ty » 11 Mar 2013, 18:21

And what about dongle when we use a tablet pc? How can we hide it?

Christian Krix Schmidt

Post by Christian Krix Schmidt » 11 Mar 2013, 22:59

The more powerful tablets have an Intel 3000/4000 chipset. These can kind decent graphics but you should expect considerably lower performance than what you are used to on your workstations. We created several Ventuz applications for tablets and similar slow performing devices, including car configurators. There are many ways of integrating 3D models but you will have to heavily optimize the models or use pre-rendered footage. I personally prefer the pre-rendered approach as it produces the best quality. In the end no one cares how you did it anyways. It just needs to look good and work smoothly.

As for the donlge, that is very simple. Youcan get softkey licenses of Ventuz without the need of a dongle. Just contact the Ventuz sales team.

ErikB

Post by ErikB » 13 Mar 2013, 16:46

Hey,

the surface pro uses an Intel HD4000 GPU, which will run into 3D limitations reasonably quickly, but there are several people using the older HD3000 for projects successfully. You have to build slim and intelligently, no question, but it will load 3D objects etc within reason. It is very nice as a control interface or a mobile Ventuz app system.

alfred

Post by alfred » 17 Mar 2013, 05:54

Hi Christian,
I have two concerns:1)How to optimize the 3D model;2)What is the pre-rendered footage, how to make it?

thx
alfred

Christian Krix Schmidt

Post by Christian Krix Schmidt » 17 Mar 2013, 07:39

Optimizing the model:
This requires you to work in Maya, MAX, or any other 3D modelling package you are working on. There are several areas to focus on. First, any geometry that you do not actually see needs to be deleted. If you are using MeshSmooth or somthing similar go with the smallest setting that gives you good results. It also depends on how close your model is to the camera. If it is far away you can get away with a lot. Then you can also use the general mesh reduction functionality that a lot of applications have. And sometimes it is even required to delete meshes and even vertices manually. And most important: Combine you polygons into as few meshes as possible. That can greatly speed up performance.

Pre-Rendered approach:
No optimizing needed. Either render out your model in your 3D application or use Ventuz. In the end it does not matter. Render your 3D model animation (rotating model for example) as an image sequence with alpha channel in TIF or PNG format. If you use Ventuz, I would use PNG even though it is much slower but I have sometimes problems with broken TIF files when rendering out from Ventuz. But that could just be me. Convert your image sequence into an MP4 h264 clip and use the movie frame node to play be the animation any way you want. Instead of the 3D model in your Ventuz scene you just have to place a rectangle with the movie frame node. Looks the same but uses almost no resources. The downside is it is now a static element and can no longer be changed in realtime. But that might be enough for whatever it is you want to do.

allen hyoga

Post by allen hyoga » 03 Apr 2013, 04:43

I find this video that the ventuz is running on ipad ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5A-VAeXQ39c

Christian Krix Schmidt

Post by Christian Krix Schmidt » 03 Apr 2013, 07:29

Yes I saw this a while back. It is a great proof of concept but it also proves my point exactly. It stutters a lot and interaction is limited to very slow movements. I don't consider this a usable solution for any professional project.