Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

How to make a texture matching the model

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

allen hyoga

How to make a texture matching the model

Post by allen hyoga » 09 Oct 2012, 05:15

I have studied the Ventuz sample downloaded from GlareGT, which show many nice model with the vivid and beautiful texture.I have no idea how to make these texture.the images look complex, I really couldn't make heads or tails of them.besides photoshop,if there are some software can make texture generator ?

any advice is appreciate :)
Attachments
QQ截图20121009120735.jpg

schub

Re: How to make a texture matching the model

Post by schub » 09 Oct 2012, 08:53

the first texture is a sphere map, its simulating the reflections the environment would cast on the object (see settings of their 2d mapping node)
some of these usually come with a 3d modeling tool like modo/cinema 4d etc. and they can be used with any object.

the second one is probably a lightmap for that specific object, its simulating the shadows the object would cast on itself and/or environment light situation.
this texture only works with one object, which has to have certain information in them how to 'wrap' the texture around the object.
have a look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UV_mapping to get the basic idea.

hgoodsir

Re: How to make a texture matching the model

Post by hgoodsir » 15 Oct 2012, 15:16

Best way to bake and mapping is maya and unwrella, use the turtle render for baking AO of the model and then add a second texture in ventuz for color & reflection,
unwrella is a brillant tool for mapping works for maya and 3ds.

http://youtu.be/iRP1nx3b4Ys
Attachments
mapping3d.png
snapshot of what you are looking for