Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

multiple interaction layers

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

renaudbarbier

multiple interaction layers

Post by renaudbarbier » 21 Sep 2012, 09:19

hi,

I have a scene with a kind of star..let's says spheres orbiting around a main sphere through "touch orbit" node.

I want to trigger an action when I click on one of the spheres with "touch button" node.

however when I have the orbit as a top layer in the scene hiearchy, The touch button doesn;t catch the user input. if I desactivate my orbit node then it works.

How to solve this?

thanks

Daniel Willer

Re: multiple interaction layers

Post by Daniel Willer » 21 Sep 2012, 09:30

Hi

You could use a TouchExluder node to stop the intersection test of the TouchOrbit node a certain point in the hierarchy.
If you combine the Touch nodes the right way you could solve it without a TouchExluder, take a look at the dynamic Helpscene of the ArrayIndexer (press F1 on the node) there is a quite nice example under the ArrayAdvanced tab.

Cherio!

renaudbarbier

Post by renaudbarbier » 21 Sep 2012, 10:05

here is my file. when I press on a selected text the rectangle shall disapear...
Attachments
heart effect 2.vzs
(49.59 KiB) Downloaded 290 times

Stefan Goerke

Post by Stefan Goerke » 24 Sep 2012, 14:27

Hi renaudbarbier,

you've got problems with the Touch Events in fact of a wrong Z-order. Your Touch mesh is in Z-order behind an other effect object. So it can't work.
I recommend you to use a ZSort node for your Interface to prevent other optical Z problems. Click F1 on the ZSort node, read the user manual entry und have a look at the given help scene example there!
I also fix that problem for one example element in your scene. Under "File"- "Import" you can load the *.vza example file.

Regards,
Stefan
Attachments
Z_Touch_Support.vza
(53.44 KiB) Downloaded 302 times