Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Continuous MIDI for audio crossfade??

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

spikylaura

Continuous MIDI for audio crossfade??

Post by spikylaura » 18 Sep 2012, 09:45

Hello all,

I am trying to trigger a crossfade between two external audio sources connected to a USB audio interface which is being driven by Propellerhead Reason. I can send MIDI commands from Ventuz to Reason, that 'snap' between the two mixer channels, but I would like to achieve a smooth crossfade, which would require continuous MIDI values to be sent. Does anyone have any ideas how to do this with Ventuz?

Many thanks in advance.

Paul

schub

Re: Continuous MIDI for audio crossfade??

Post by schub » 19 Sep 2012, 12:58

i guess that you are using some kind of interpolating node to generate the smooth fade values (eg. mover/linear/damper) but only press 'send' at the beginning and end of the fade.

you can connect this value with an Int node and use the 'changed' event to trigger the Midi-out 'send'

this will generate multiple midi messages per second, making the crossfade appear smooth.

spikylaura

Re: Continuous MIDI for audio crossfade??

Post by spikylaura » 19 Sep 2012, 13:40

Thank you Schub, thats just what I was after.

Paul