Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Extract previous WorldViewProjection matrix

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

Nlelith

Extract previous WorldViewProjection matrix

Post by Nlelith » 12 Sep 2012, 22:27

Hi,

I'm trying to implement the GPU Gems 3 motion blur shader (link), but I'm currently stuck because that approach needs the previous frame's WorldViewProjection matrix to calculate the per-pixel velocity. I've thought about using the text buffer to store that matrix but I don't see a way to get that value, since I can't "export" any numerical values from the HLSL-shader-node.

Now I'm wondering if that's even possible in Ventuz somehow, and if it's not, if there's another way to implement motion blur in Ventuz.

I've also thought about using the method described here, but as far as I'm concerned, that method falls apart if there's an object moving in front of anything else but the background.

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance!

Daniel Willer

Re: Extract previous WorldViewProjection matrix

Post by Daniel Willer » 13 Sep 2012, 09:56

Hi,

You can solve your problem with the GetWorldNode that delivers the WorldViewProjection matrices and the LoopBreaker node that has 1 frame delay by design.
But you need a Ventuz professional or professional learners edition license.

Cheers!

Nlelith

Re: Extract previous WorldViewProjection matrix

Post by Nlelith » 13 Sep 2012, 15:33

Wow, that was quick. Thank you very much!