Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Snap to devicepixel

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

errox

Snap to devicepixel

Post by errox » 23 Aug 2012, 16:56

Hi!

btw. i love ventuz! I am searching for a way to snap rendered pixels to my device resolution.

I need to use images with text and it looks nasty, because the antialiasing is too high it looks blurry
and the "size" of chars are changing depending on position (maybe glide ratio problem?)
Filter point instead of linear doesn't work for all pictures...
this removes the antialiasing too much, it looks too "clear" and some characters lose pixels
depending on position (snaptodevicepixel?:)

Any hint?

Thanks!

Oliver

Re: Snap to devicepixel

Post by Oliver » 24 Aug 2012, 11:52

Hi errox,

First of all, welcome to our Forum and we are happy to hear that you like the software.

Concerning your problem:

If I get you right, your renderoutputresolution does not match the Monitor/Beamer device outputresolution? f.e you try to cast lets say 1920x 1080 on 5120*768 or similar?
If this is the case the antialiasing will always be a problem beacuse of the interpolation.
You need to render a whole numeric divisor of your deviceoutput resolution so there is no interpolation.

cheers!

errox

Re: Snap to devicepixel

Post by errox » 28 Aug 2012, 15:31

Hi Alex, Oliver!

Thanks for your replies.
My Renderoutput is 1920x1080px like the monitor's resolution and I use the ortho projection.

The hint with the 0.5 translation helped me out for a static logo image (same pixel as ortho texture scaling)
to get a better result with point filtering. But it's still not perfekt. 1px corner of text if about -50% alpha.
If you like I can send you an example picture of that case.

But I'm happy that it looks better.. thanks for the hint.

Nico