Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Render freeze on DVI Input Switch

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

pixelrock

Render freeze on DVI Input Switch

Post by pixelrock » 13 Aug 2012, 16:54

Hi,

we've got a problem here with live input DVI switching: Ventuz pauses rendering for ~4 seconds until the DVI Signal is back.
Is there any way to circumvent this behaviour ?

Setup:
we have a hdmi&div switching matrix, the signal comes in via a deltacast dvi.
Deltacast driver 5.3.13.0 (according to Windows device manager)
Ventuz Version 64x 3.07

Thank you,
Matthias

chriss0212

Re: Render freeze on DVI Input Switch

Post by chriss0212 » 15 Aug 2012, 15:15

hi mathias

i would think you have this problem because your sources are not genlocked...and maybe have different resolutions?! so it could be, that the deltacast needs to make a new setup on this input...what of course takes time!

greetz

christian

Chris

Post by Chris » 15 Aug 2012, 17:32

I agree, it does sound like a sync issue from your external source. Are you using a "seamless" switcher??

chris

pixelrock

Post by pixelrock » 16 Aug 2012, 14:48

Hi,
yeah it looks like the switcher is not seamless (resolutions do indeed change, they come from varying sources like iPad, VGA etc.).
The switcher is a Crestron md-dm16x16, unfortunately I don't know much about this system. I'm on the software side, so I thought I could
compensate the switching time by showing some nice animations in the meantime, but unfortunately Ventuz freezes completely making all transitions
between inputs useless.
We have tried to use a Lightware HDCP Manager, but even with this inbetween Ventuz still freezes.
Any other suggestions?!

Thanks,
Matthias

chriss0212

Post by chriss0212 » 16 Aug 2012, 17:27

you could insert a barco image pro hd between your matrix and your dvi input. on this way you should have allways a stable input signal on your dvi card...but an image pro is a very expensive part in your chain...if you need it just for a while you should rent it!

greetz

christian

Chris

Post by Chris » 17 Aug 2012, 14:53

Image pro is a good option as it does a great job of scaling any input to give you any chosen output :) good to get you out of trouble at the last minute sometimes ;) or you can get a seamless switcher, barco Dcs 200, various Analog Way switchers, Extron if you need something a bit cheaper, and lots others :) also.....rent first buy later ;)

pixelrock

Post by pixelrock » 20 Aug 2012, 11:08

Hey thanks everyone,

hm looks like we have to go for the seamless switch / scaler thing. I'm just a little bit surprised that the whole machine and the ventuz rendering freezes for several seconds.
Would be no problem if just the input signal freezes, I already do a fade in / fadeout to prevent graphical glitches – but with the whole rendering coming to a stop there's no way
to hide the switching...