Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

How to relate a project repository element to a node

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

allen hyoga

How to relate a project repository element to a node

Post by allen hyoga » 09 Aug 2012, 03:40

In a official demo project (RoboticSlideManagerDemo), i found a new operation that i can drag a element from the project repository to the hierachy workspace, meanwhile a red wavy border is round the related node.
i do wanna know how to make a relationship between the node and project repository element ? Second question is about the node arrow, red arrow means what ? and how to do like this ? i dont find help in ventuz manual.
I got a snapshot in attachement below.

any advice is appreciated, thank u
Attachments
help.jpg

chriss0212

Re: How to relate a project repository element to a node

Post by chriss0212 » 09 Aug 2012, 10:51

hi allen

to drag for eg. a hierachy container into the repository you need to hold ctrl while dragging it into the repository. and the red border shows that this object is droped out of the repository

greetz

christian

Daniel Willer

Post by Daniel Willer » 10 Aug 2012, 09:55

There are different relationships between a container (Hierachy or Content) and a repository item.
If your item is an interface container the reference is shown by a red triangle on the container and if you hover it a tooltip comes up saying somthing like
Referenced item "Cube" of repository "ABC"
Because of the reference your items in the scene get a new update function in the property editor.
The second type of reference you can create is a reference based on keywords. If you create a repository item you can set a keyword in the General section. You also can set keywords in your scene by right clicking on the container.
If you now select an element with a set keyword, the keyword or keywords are written in the repository keyword filter(The search field on the top right corner of the repo) and only elements with matching keywords are listed in the repository. If you now drag an element with keyword to your scene all the elements with matching keywords are highlited by a dotted line.

Cheers!

allen hyoga

Post by allen hyoga » 01 Nov 2012, 04:30

I'm sorry i cant follow your reply,for my question in the attachment :

1.I don't find a way how to set the 'Red' arrow in front of a node and the Red arrow means what ?

2.I don't find a way how to set the wavy border which is around the node.

thank u

allen hyoga

Post by allen hyoga » 01 Nov 2012, 08:30

Daniel Willer wrote:There are different relationships between a container (Hierachy or Content) and a repository item.
If your item is an interface container the reference is shown by a red triangle on the container and if you hover it a tooltip comes up saying somthing like
Referenced item "Cube" of repository "ABC"
Because of the reference your items in the scene get a new update function in the property editor.
The second type of reference you can create is a reference based on keywords. If you create a repository item you can set a keyword in the General section. You also can set keywords in your scene by right clicking on the container.
If you now select an element with a set keyword, the keyword or keywords are written in the repository keyword filter(The search field on the top right corner of the repo) and only elements with matching keywords are listed in the repository. If you now drag an element with keyword to your scene all the elements with matching keywords are highlited by a dotted line.

Cheers!
I am sorry i did not see your reply : P you give a very clear and powerful answer.
Btw, beside the interface button, clean up button is ?

Daniel Willer

Post by Daniel Willer » 01 Nov 2012, 10:47

The CleanUp button is used to remove unconnected interaface propeties (The ones that are grayed out).

allen hyoga

Post by allen hyoga » 07 Jun 2013, 04:04

Hi, go on this topic...
Recently I used the Container(hierarchy and content) node more, I found there are some odd things when I set value to a C# script where the value of some variable was not right, it is asynchronous.However I get the C# script out of the Container and it works well.Another solved method is to click the update and release button,it works well too.
So I have no idea how it works for the Update button and Release button ?
Attachments
update.jpg
update.jpg (7.22 KiB) Viewed 5716 times