Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Attach Camera to a Geometry

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

robertpersons

Attach Camera to a Geometry

Post by robertpersons » 01 Aug 2012, 22:23

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to attach a camera to a moving piece of geometry. The idea is to allow the user the ability to attach his view to the geometry as it moves through the environment. The geometries have a couple levels of axis applied, with not only tranx, trany, and tranz, but also rotations ... so taking those transforms and applying them to the camera becomes quite complex (especially with multiple geometries the user can select, each with their own hierarchies of transformations).

It would be great if I could simply put a camera on the same hierarchy level as the geometry, and switch to it as needed.

Can anyone help?

Thank You!

Robert

Daniel Willer

Re: Attach Camera to a Geometry

Post by Daniel Willer » 06 Aug 2012, 09:26

Hi Robert

Press F1 on the View node and open the InteractiveDemo: CameraSwitch. There are 3 cameras connected to Spheres.

Cheers!

robertpersons

Post by robertpersons » 06 Aug 2012, 18:39

Thanks! Unfortunately, the camera switch demo requires Ventuz Professional, which I do not have. Do you know of any way to do it in the Express Version?

Thank You,

Robert

Daniel Willer

Post by Daniel Willer » 07 Aug 2012, 09:36

Sorry there is no way to solve that in the Express version. For learning and evaluation purposes request a Professional Learners Edition Key on our website to get the full professional features.

Cheers!