Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

RTSP Stream

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

pyrrr

RTSP Stream

Post by pyrrr » 03 Jul 2012, 14:56

I Got a Setup with a branch of Cameras, a lots auf Cable and such stuff ;)

Each video signal will recive with an RTSP stream. It nessesary to use RTSP streams because some Applications need the video signal to make some realtime color corrections on it. I knew that is also possible in Ventuz using a HLSL Shader but in this case it would be enough.

I found some Solution using some Virtual Devices Mappers who maps my RTSP Stream with VLC to a Virtual Device.

Is there any possible solution without remapping the RTSP Stream to an Virtual Device to get the RTSP Stream into Ventuz? Because the Virtual Device solution wasn't performant enough for more than 2 streams.

My system works with 2x GTX 580, SSD RAID and an i7 running at ~ 3.8 GHZ

So it should be fast enough to Stream more than 2 ~1024*567 Streams into Ventuz.

Some Pictures out of my Ventuz Project are Attached

The Color Correction Before the Video are streamed to Ventuz is onyl to normalise the luma in order to got the same result in Ventuz. So basicly Everything you see is Created in Ventuz directly.

ventuz0003.JPG
ventuz0002.JPG
ventuz0001.JPG

Movie showing some Audio to Motion expression found here

http://postwendend.com/fh/tanz/tanzen.wmv

So i hope there is a Solution for my problem.

PS How much would it cost to create a Ventuz PRO file out of my PLE?

Karol

Re: RTSP Stream

Post by Karol » 04 Jul 2012, 09:48

Ventuz does not support RTSP streams:
http://forum.ventuz.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2039

pyrrr

Re: RTSP Stream

Post by pyrrr » 04 Jul 2012, 13:41

I was already aware of that RTSP Streams won't work into Ventuz....

think about it that I had been looking for the solution with the virtual video device?

My second idea was to use the Web Browser note with some FLASH or HTML5 - But this won't work into 64 Bit Ventuz...

now i am at the point to hard code an external programm who can map rtsp streams into virtual devices in order to get a nice result.

crap