Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Animation sequence problem??

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

wanzi

Animation sequence problem??

Post by wanzi » 28 Jun 2012, 04:12

hi,ALL

I have a scene about car demo, touch the rotating 360 degrees of rotation scene, I used the Movie Frame, but can't load the so of Quicktime Animation, there are 20 cars, each have three kind of material, 1280 x720 resolution, how to work?
More thank!
Attachments
reference.jpg

Karol

Re: Animation sequence problem??

Post by Karol » 29 Jun 2012, 09:15

Hi Wanzi!

Why is the Movie Frame node not working for you? What kind of codec are you using?
The best way would be to load the movie on demand with the Movie Frame node in asynchronous mode.
Probably you have to transcode your clups to another codec.

Best Regads
Karol

wanzi

Post by wanzi » 30 Jun 2012, 17:29

hi,Karol
The Movie Frame node can be used,and Quicktime Animation is no problem. But the problem is Very many Movie Frame clips To load in, there are dozens of 720P HD video! So, the memory will collapse, become very slowly. is it like unity or flash that loading mode in ventuz ?
Thanks!

Christian Krix Schmidt

Post by Christian Krix Schmidt » 01 Jul 2012, 09:36

Hi wanzi!

If you have several movies then you should use the "Enabled" property of the MovieFrame or MovieAdvanced. Load your movies on demand like Karol suggested. Activate "Async" property so enabling and disabling the movie does not interfere with the Rendering. Animate or use logic to load/enable movies that you need and onload/deactivate those which you do not need.

This way you can have unlimited number of different movies in your scene. I highly recommend you do NOT use the Quicktime nodes.

Chris
Attachments
movieADV.jpg

wanzi

Post by wanzi » 01 Jul 2012, 13:10

hi,Christian Krix Schmidt
Thank you for your warm and professional help!