Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Kinect & Ventuz

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

Apostata

Kinect & Ventuz

Post by Apostata » 21 Jun 2012, 19:45

Hi people, I would like to know how to use Kinect with Ventuz, anyone knows or know if already have this topic?
thanks

ErikB

Re: Kinect & Ventuz

Post by ErikB » 25 Jun 2012, 09:28

The best way is to use a Kinect to OSC package, there are several out there (Google "Kinect OSC").

The alternative is to use .NET remoting and write your own pipeline.

Cheers,
Erik

Apostata

Post by Apostata » 25 Jun 2012, 15:43

I will make some tests here, but I already thanks all for the help.

Apostata

Post by Apostata » 26 Jun 2012, 20:36

I dind't find OSC middlewares to windows7 only for mac, but I instaled SDK and the Faast, that seens to be working, but qhat node or how can the Ventuz recieve the coordinates from Faast? Is there a middleware that works in win7 in TUIO Protocol ?
thanks

allen hyoga

Post by allen hyoga » 10 Jul 2012, 09:35

Microsoft have released the newest Kinect SDK(http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/kinectforwindows/).
you can develop a sample with the SDK and output the respose like guesture or tracking-points...then add a Ventuz OSC reference for your C# project.

In Ventuz, you just need to create a OSC-in node and set the property make sure the communication between ventuz project and your C# project by OSC protocal.
The OSC bundle contains the respose of kinect like above described and binding these kinect command to your ventuz axis node.you'll make it.