Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

rtsp-stream as texture?

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

squiggle

rtsp-stream as texture?

Post by squiggle » 15 Jun 2012, 13:19

I tried to use a rtsp-stream as a texture in Ventuz, can't get it to work, though. The streams' URL is:
rtsp://[user]:[password]@192.168.0.227/VideoInput/1/h264/1

I've tried numerous things/nodes in Ventuz, the closest I got was using an URL-node with the "Scheme" set to "Ventuz" (this would produce an URI). Feeding the output into a MovieClipAdvanced results in this error message:

13:17 15.06.2012 Error : MovieMMM (Movie Clip Advanced): Error creating Movie Resource: rtsp://[user]:[password]@192.168.0.227/VideoInput/1/h264/1: The given path's format is not supported.

Is what I'm trying to do actually possible? And if so: how?? I found this thread in the old forum, but like the OP I can't really make heads or tails from the aswers. :(

Thanks,
squiggle

P.S.: In case you're wondering: the stream and path actually work, at least VLC was able to play the stream with the URI.

P.P.S.: Forgot to mention: the streaming codec is h264, broadcast on Port 554. Adding the port to the URI (or explicitly setting it in the URL-node) didn't help in Ventuz (and wasn't necessary in VLC).

Karol

Re: rtsp-stream as texture?

Post by Karol » 15 Jun 2012, 14:15

Hi squiggle!

Please read: http://inside.ventuz.com/2009/10/video- ... in-ventuz/
The Movie Clip Advanced is currently not able to display streams!

Best Regards
karol

squiggle

Post by squiggle » 15 Jun 2012, 14:29

Ah, I see... :-( I vaguely remember having read that post ages ago... thought something might have changed/improved with Ventuz3 and ffmpeg.
Thanks anyway, at least I didn't do anything wrong. ;-)
sq.

Karol

Post by Karol » 15 Jun 2012, 17:02

We have a FFmpeg-based Streaming node on the roadmap - but not for Ventuz 3 anymore.

pyrrr

Post by pyrrr » 25 Jun 2012, 09:02

it is possible to create a virtual device and map the rtsp stream on your virtual device - than use the live video node