Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Use of Scene Port

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

joysprod

Use of Scene Port

Post by joysprod » 07 Jun 2012, 15:55

I was rather hoping to use the Scene Port to switch to different scenes on the touch of a button, which I do find the description seems to infer. I used the Value Switch to hold six strings with the address of each scene and bound this to the 'Scene' of the Scene Port.

I thought this would be an easy way instead of using remoting and writing code. What I dont understand is that it while it works fine in Designer, when made as a VPR it fails completely. Why is this?

If I want to achieve the switching of scenes without using remoting , is the only way to have six scene ports in my master scene and block the ones I dont currently need? If so, what is the purpose of the 'LoadAsync' to load during rendering?

There used to be a demo somewhere on the site of loading and unloading scenes ( I think even showing a loading bar) but cant find a link anymore, This does bring me onto the subject of past demo scenes. Can there be an archive somewhere on the Ventuz site easily reached? Or maybe I've missed the button?

Regards

Peter

Karol

Re: Use of Scene Port

Post by Karol » 08 Jun 2012, 10:21

HI Peter,

can you post a simple scene that works in Designer but not in Presenter.
We know from the Error Reports that there exists a strange problem with the ScenePort in Presenter which can even cause a Ventuz crash - but we cannot reproduce it here :(
Here is the Demo Project that you are looking for:
http://inside.ventuz.com/2010/02/scene- ... -projects/

Best Regards
Karol