Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

How to make a proper Render to Disk?

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

Carlos

How to make a proper Render to Disk?

Post by Carlos » 04 Jun 2012, 11:51

Hi there,

When I try to make Render to Disk of my project in order to show a preview to our clients, I can't make it right. Never.

Here is my walkthrough: I open the scene, and a new one, just to make sure that all my Scene event nodes are triggered by switching from one tab to another. I hit the Start Capture button, and I make the demo. I switch back to the scene so the Scene events are triggered and everything is on the same place. And then, no matter if I click the "Play Interaction" or the "Render to disk" buttons, everything go anyway but the way I captured it.

My current shortcut is to record the screen with Camtasia Recorder, but the results are far from good. Pretty quirky and not smooth at all.

What am I doing wrong? Is there a way to set up the scene so the Render to Disk capture is what I want it to be?

Thank you in advance!

Daniel Willer

Re: How to make a proper Render to Disk?

Post by Daniel Willer » 04 Jun 2012, 13:07

I've tested a couple of different scenarios and the RendertoDisk module is working as expected.
I guess you read the RenderToDisk Usermanual page and noticed that in Interactive mode only the interaction with the Renderer is recorded and not the interaction with the Designer GUI (e.g. Property Editor)!
If you still have problems feel free to ask.

Cheers!
Daniel