Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Dynamic Color in Touch Paint

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

pyrrr

Dynamic Color in Touch Paint

Post by pyrrr » 13 May 2012, 16:02

i created a litte c# script wo generates me an dynamic color.

if i link the color output of my script to the color value of my touch paint - the color seems to change but in the render view and by drawing i see no effect.

i attached the file below
Attachments
mouse.rar
(299.17 KiB) Downloaded 282 times

chriss0212

Re: Dynamic Color in Touch Paint

Post by chriss0212 » 14 May 2012, 11:23

hi pyrrr

i can't open your scene because it is done in the ple version but i would think you just forget to set changed to true! i you don't do that ventuz doesn't "see" that you changed any output value!

greetz

christian
Attachments
Script.vza
(5.19 KiB) Downloaded 279 times

pyrrr

Post by pyrrr » 14 May 2012, 11:36

hey,

let me explain, the color value of my touch paint changes in the node view not in the render window.

chriss0212

Post by chriss0212 » 14 May 2012, 20:55

hey

sorry....it was just a try to help...but i cant open your scene because ir is a ple scene...i dont have a ple installed!

and witout any info what you have done....hey...i cant help

greetz

christian

Oliver

Post by Oliver » 30 May 2012, 11:12

hey pyrr,

First of all, chris is right, you just forgot to return true - to let Ventuz Validate and use the changes.
If u do it - your script works.

Notice that your script uses the z axis as well to generate values. As long as you use an input without a Z value (like Mouse or touchscreen or whatever) your Z never changes and your B(lue) vlaue will stay 0.
Also every horizontal movement will make the paint red and vertical will always be green.

Finally, for the demanded effect you can also easily split the color with the rgb to color node and add some movers to it. This will probably give you a much more beautiful effect.

And btw, chris - you can just request a PLE key and add it to your existing installation- so you can start both versions. (If needed :) )

cheers
O