Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

How to encapsulate a custom control node

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

allen hyoga

How to encapsulate a custom control node

Post by allen hyoga » 11 May 2012, 07:18

Recently i found many good ventuz plugin, but i have no idea what it is.Those plugins inherit from content container or hierarchy node,some inside properties are exposed, but i can not click into the next level to check its structure...anyhow i do wanna encapsulate some custom node with my script or logic embeded.I don't find any guide in official user manual.

any help is welcome,thank u.
Attachments
ss2.jpg

allen hyoga

Re: How to encapsulate a custom control node

Post by allen hyoga » 11 May 2012, 07:19

snapshot
Attachments
ss.jpg

chriss0212

Post by chriss0212 » 11 May 2012, 07:51

hi allen

in basic this is a normal hierachy container. if you create one und put some stuff inside.....and of course externalize all the properties you need....you can seal the container (right click on the container). this makes sure, that nobody can make any change....and nobody can take a look inside! espacialy for the plugins this makes sense! of course the creator want to get some money for theire work....and this prevents them that somebody else can steel his idears and work!

but take care, that you ALLWAYS make a copy of the container BEFORE you seal it! you can never ever open it again!

greetz

christian

allen hyoga

Post by allen hyoga » 11 May 2012, 09:09

chriss0212 wrote:hi allen

in basic this is a normal hierachy container. if you create one und put some stuff inside.....and of course externalize all the properties you need....you can seal the container (right click on the container). this makes sure, that nobody can make any change....and nobody can take a look inside! espacialy for the plugins this makes sense! of course the creator want to get some money for theire work....and this prevents them that somebody else can steel his idears and work!

but take care, that you ALLWAYS make a copy of the container BEFORE you seal it! you can never ever open it again!

greetz

christian
Got it!
your reply is very clear, thank u chriss. :D

allen hyoga

Post by allen hyoga » 11 May 2012, 09:35

and what about “interfacing” button ? what function ?can i find detail in user manual ?
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (19.67 KiB) Viewed 3715 times

chriss0212

Post by chriss0212 » 11 May 2012, 10:34

hi allen

this is one of the best features we get in ventuz 3!

if you mak a container (doesnt matter if it is a content or hierachy container and copy it....maybe 10 times...after all you make a change in one container...if you mark all containers as interfaced containers you can copy all new featrures from one container to the next just by drag and drop the new container over the old one (hold ctrl AND left mouse button)

another very helpful feature:

if the container is allready interfaced...and you delete a allready exposed and binded propertie (for eg a float variable) inside of the container....the exposed property OUSIDE of the container will still be bounded to the next node! if you know create a new node inside which has a float as propertie...and now you try to expose the new propertie... ventuz will ask if you maybe want to use the old bounded propertie!! very very helpful!

hopr this is clear again :-)

christian

TobiTobsen

Post by TobiTobsen » 11 May 2012, 14:15

Also very helpful:
Name your interfaced container for example "Object 0". If you copy this one, Ventuz will count up the name to "Object 1", "Object 2" etc.
Inside the container you can use the container info node and get for example just the number (0,1,...) which will work like an ID.

Cheers!
http://www.radar-touch.com
http://www.prime-touch.com

Want to filter or transform TUIO data? http://code.google.com/p/tuiotoolbox/
Looking for a tool generating Testpattern for Softedge projections??? I can help: http://code.google.com/p/projection-calc/