Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

PNGs shown aliased when small-sized

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

Carlos

PNGs shown aliased when small-sized

Post by Carlos » 11 Apr 2012, 10:54

Hey there!

I have a bunch of logos from the sponsors of my show, and they show like if they were aliased when the rectangle on which I apply them as texture is small.

I've rendered them on 1920x1080 so I had no troubles showing them on full screen size, and when I size up the rectangles, they look just fine.

Do you know how I can solve this?

Thank you in advance!

Christian Krix Schmidt

Re: PNGs shown aliased when small-sized

Post by Christian Krix Schmidt » 11 Apr 2012, 16:21

Do you use the Advanced Image Loader to load the PNG image? Or the regular Image Loader? If you use an Advanced Image Loader, make sure the GenMipMaps property is On in the Adv Image Loader node.

You could try adjusting the MipMap Level. I do that quite regularly. Go to the Texture node and under the Advanced category in the Property Editor, adjust the MipMapLODBias. That value let's you seamlessly scrub through all MipMap levels of a texture.

Stefan Goerke

Re: PNGs shown aliased when small-sized

Post by Stefan Goerke » 23 Apr 2012, 14:11

The quality of automatic generated MipMaps in Ventuz depends on the image resolution. If the image width and height is a factor of two your graphic card can process it in a better way. Also your graphic card model and driver settings can have an effect of the result.

It is also possible to crate MipMaps outside Ventuz. Therefor you can use the DDS plugin for Photoshop und save the MipMaps inside the .dds file.

http://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia-text ... -photoshop

Best regards,
Stefan