Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Error Starting Presentation

All other topics about Ventuz here.

Moderator: Support

gooihup

Error Starting Presentation

Post by gooihup » 18 Nov 2013, 11:24

I have built a presentation in Ventuz 3 Professional Designer, and exported the project to a VPR file. However when I execute the VPR file, I get the following error: "Error starting presentation".

If I click Show Error Details button, I get the following:
"Unable to run e:\aspen\presentations\aspen v1.vpr - not a Ventuz Presentation or a Ventuz Project File"

I have also tried it on 2 other Ventuz 3 machines I have, same error message. I have not experienced this before so I have no idea where to even begin with my troubleshooting. Does anyone have any ideas?

Note: VPR is 2+GB so I will refrain from uploading it here.
Mervyn @ AccuCap

Christian Krix Schmidt

Re: Error Starting Presentation

Post by Christian Krix Schmidt » 18 Nov 2013, 14:24

Do not use Ventuz VPR files for a project this size. Use Director mode.
Simply copy your latest scene file from the Scenes folder in the Scenes root folder of your project. Rename it to default.vzs. Go one folder up and right-click on the Ventuz Project file. Select "Start Director" and Ventuz Runtime/Presenter will launch the Project with the default scene. This bypasses all problems you might ahve with the way too big VPR file. Does it work now?

gooihup

Re: Error Starting Presentation

Post by gooihup » 19 Nov 2013, 08:27

Hi Christian,

Yes, it works. Thank you for the quick fix.

Cheers!
Mervyn @ AccuCap