Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Ventuz 4 FAQ

All other topics about Ventuz here.

Moderator: Support

Oliver

Ventuz 4 FAQ

Post by Oliver » 29 Apr 2013, 13:24

Hi guys,

since I'm getting a lot of questions about V4- lets try to get the information concentrated here.

Q: What are the changes in the license model?
A: V4 will no longer have a free express nor a touch version. In future there will only be the V4 professional Version and no specific broadcast version.
The presenter is now called runtime (same girl - different name)
You can now get additional SDI output modules which work with the professional designer (overall - the pricing in Broadcast is pretty much the same as in V3 Broadcast).
Additionally we are releasing the Director a new Ventuz remote/controlling tool for Event and Broadcast market in our well known Ventuz quality.

Q: So the Director is not included in V4 Professional Designer?
A: no, it is not included.

Q: I have V3 touch and want to upgrade to V4 what do I do!?
A: Email me – we will find a solution.

Q: When I buy V3 now will I have to pay for the V4 upgrade?
A: no!

Q: When is V4 released?
A: Approx. end of June. But can be delayed.

Q: What are the main features?
A: Well, first of all we have a new UI - which is a feature because it is dark! (and you can switch to bright as well! -crazy)
Apart from that the MAIN features are Director /template engine , Global variables and events(finaaally), fancy new font engine (finally no more problems with huge asian fonts as well),a new Video Pipeline, and a Render /Cluster setup tool - making multiple monitor settings + Clustering and custom resolutions + bezels very very easy to work with.

Q: Is there any footage or demo material?
A: actually apart from the snapshots on our HP I’m sad to say no – we are just back from NAB and everybody needed like 1 week sleep straight. Anyways I’m thinking about making at least a short demo video for Director and V4 as soon as I have time. But don’t pin me down to that!

Q: Will my old licenses stop working?
A: No.

Q: Will there be a PLE?
A: Yes, for V4- including SDI- and the Director.

Q: How can I ensure to get a copy as fast as possible?
A: We have a lot of orders at the moment from all over the world. So it is possible that our shipping is delayed if you order shortly after release.
To prevent this, Email me or André now and pay in advance – we can then prepare everything and ship at release day.
me (ow@ventuz.com)
André (ab@ventuz.com)

Cheers
O

TobiTobsen

Re: Ventuz 4 FAQ

Post by TobiTobsen » 30 Apr 2013, 12:15

Hey Oliver,

Q: So the Director is not included in V4 Professional Designer?
A: no

If I read this, I think its included, right?

Cheers,
Tobi
http://www.radar-touch.com
http://www.prime-touch.com

Want to filter or transform TUIO data? http://code.google.com/p/tuiotoolbox/
Looking for a tool generating Testpattern for Softedge projections??? I can help: http://code.google.com/p/projection-calc/

Christian Krix Schmidt

Post by Christian Krix Schmidt » 30 Apr 2013, 13:53

The Director is a stand-alone application and NOT included or part of the Designer. It is a third application beside the Designer and the Runtime.

Tom Ellard

Post by Tom Ellard » 01 May 2013, 11:08

So my Ventuz Touch version has been deprecated only a month after I bought it. That's bad news. As an artist I'm not really using it to make money, so I guess I will say goodbye just after saying hello.

How much longer will I be able to buy runtime licenses for my v3 projects?
How much longer will I be able to register my v3 copy if I upgrade my computer?

Thanks for any feedback.

Oliver

Post by Oliver » 06 May 2013, 09:40

v3 is a well engineered and matured programm so "deprecated" is relatively mean to say.
you wont call a Porsche 911 Carrera 2 Cabrio deprecated neither - it will still impress your girlfriend ;)
So i guess you will be fine.
And of course you can upgrade your computer.
And of course you can still get your licenses , just mail me.

Cheers
O

Tom Ellard

Post by Tom Ellard » 07 May 2013, 11:30

I'm not being that mean.
If I can keep using V3 for a while, that's OK. But if (e.g.) the Runtime stopped being available I'd be in trouble.

I just want to plan ahead. There's a big difference between the Professional version (Porsche 911 Carrera 2 Cabrio) and my Touch (VolksWagon Kombi).

Oliver

Post by Oliver » 07 May 2013, 13:33

the professional version is a spaceship ;) you cannot just stay on the ground with it.

Btw if you want to upgrade - email me - maybe we find a solution

Cheers
O

ErikB

Post by ErikB » 07 May 2013, 13:46

Your licenses will not stop working. For reference sake, there are a handful of people (inexplicably) still using Ventuz 2006. You will continue to be able to download Ventuz 3 and Ventuz 3 Touch from our website. There just will not be a Ventuz 4 Touch.

gooihup

Post by gooihup » 13 May 2013, 17:31

Hi guys!

I just spent a few days with the nice folks at Ventuz in Hamburg couple of weeks back. During that short time, I was fortunate to be given a brief tour of Ventuz 4 by Daniel. I must say that I really like what I saw. I've already used Ventuz 3 Pro for a year and I'm still very excited about all the things it can do. And from what I've seen, the new features in Ventuz 4 is pushing the boundaries even further. Ventuz 4 Director is definitely something I'm looking forward to. Also, some of the new features that Oliver highlighted really improve the overall experience. I saw first hand the benefits of the new font engine. Also, the new render setup tool will help me a lot as I often use multi-screen setups for live productions here in Malaysia.

I'll definitely be in touch with Andre for Ventuz 4 licenses... new and upgrades alike.

One question though... will there be a PLE version like Ventuz3? That would be helpful as I start building a team here in Malaysia.

Cheers!
Mervyn
AccuCap
Mervyn @ AccuCap

ErikB

Post by ErikB » 14 May 2013, 12:18

Yes, there will be a Ventuz 4 PLE. It will be completely feature complete, with a watermark on the render output. In fact, with the express gone, Ventuz will default to PLE when no dongle or license is present.