Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Ventuz 4 FAQ

All other topics about Ventuz here.

Moderator: Support

gooihup

Re: Ventuz 4 FAQ

Post by gooihup » 20 May 2013, 15:47

That's exciting news Erik... will be easier to teach the new recruits with PLE.
Mervyn @ AccuCap

kanter18

Post by kanter18 » 21 May 2013, 13:12

Just some question about Ventuz 4:

Is there something at the begining, when we create a project to choose a scene with/without lighting, camera, material effect? Just a simple scene without effets? It could be very interesting.
To use more Z position, rotation, etc, (on Axis), or to make better animation, is there something like A.E to change views like Top, Left etc, to have a 2.5 software?
Is there something new about .png hierarchy ? (pbm artefact, outline)

Thank,

Christian

ErikB

Post by ErikB » 21 May 2013, 14:42

kanter18 wrote:Just some question about Ventuz 4:

Is there something at the begining, when we create a project to choose a scene with/without lighting, camera, material effect? Just a simple scene without effets? It could be very interesting.
To use more Z position, rotation, etc, (on Axis), or to make better animation, is there something like A.E to change views like Top, Left etc, to have a 2.5 software?

Thank,

Christian
if you create a scene without lighting, camera or materials, it defaults to a generic until you create one, because otherwise nothing would render. The minute you create a camera, light or material, it overrides the generic temporary one.

We played around a bit with the idea of having a few different views (top, right, etc) but found it extremely confusing. For now, it will remain the way it is, but we may well reveisit that if we can think of a way that works.

As for the .png hierarchy, not for the initial release, but we are working on some fun stuff for a point release later on that might well help.

Oliver

Post by Oliver » 22 May 2013, 10:00

btw if you want different camera angles, you can easily build this yourself - just build yourself a layout scene with e.g. 3 cameras on favoured positions in it. Then deactivate /activate them as you wish (touchbuttons e.g.).

kanter18

Post by kanter18 » 22 May 2013, 12:39

ErikB wrote:
kanter18 wrote:Just some question about Ventuz 4:

Thank,

Christian
if you create a scene without lighting, camera or materials, it defaults to a generic until you create one, because otherwise nothing would render. The minute you create a camera, light or material, it overrides the generic temporary one.

We played around a bit with the idea of having a few different views (top, right, etc) but found it extremely confusing. For now, it will remain the way it is, but we may well reveisit that if we can think of a way that works.

As for the .png hierarchy, not for the initial release, but we are working on some fun stuff for a point release later on that might well help.
Ok Thank for you answer. I know i have to create my own scene my own parameters.

Is there something, a pop up, (like for Create new Switcher) to select the number of the same node i Need ?
Exemple, i need 10 rectangles, I have to drag and drop 10 times, or copy/paste.
Maybe a box selection to select Number, Or, select with Maj,drag and drop on Hierarchy could offer a pop-up to select number needed.

kanter18

Post by kanter18 » 22 May 2013, 12:48

kanter18 wrote:
Ok Thank for you answer. I know i have to create my own scene my own parameters.

Is there something, a pop up, (like for Create new Switcher) to select the number of the same node i Need ?
Exemple, i need 10 rectangles, I have to drag and drop 10 times, or copy/paste.
Maybe a box selection to select Number, Or, select with Maj,drag and drop on Hierarchy could offer a pop-up to select number needed.
The same way with Copy/Paste. A Multiple Paste. A pop up to choose the number of Paste. Is that possible ?

Joe Styles

Post by Joe Styles » 22 May 2013, 13:20

kanter18 wrote: The same way with Copy/Paste. A Multiple Paste. A pop up to choose the number of Paste. Is that possible ?
Hold the right hand mouse button in Ventuz3 when you drag an item in the Hierarchy window and you get the small context menu, select more and voila the very helpful Replicate allowing you to create as many instances as you want ;)
Those hours of dragging and dropping come to an end!
Joe Styles
Kinetic Pixel

kanter18

Post by kanter18 » 22 May 2013, 13:54

Joe Styles wrote:
kanter18 wrote: The same way with Copy/Paste. A Multiple Paste. A pop up to choose the number of Paste. Is that possible ?
Hold the right hand mouse button in Ventuz3 when you drag an item in the Hierarchy window and you get the small context menu, select more and voila the very helpful Replicate allowing you to create as many instances as you want ;)
Those hours of dragging and dropping come to an end!
Oh shit, Wonderful !!
And for Area Selection in Hierarchy ?

Sorry i'm learning Ventuz alone..

Joe Styles

Post by Joe Styles » 22 May 2013, 14:25

kanter18 wrote: And for Area Selection in Hierarchy ?
You can select all the siblings of a node if that's what you mean try Edit>Select Sibling or Ctrl+Q :D
Maybe we should move this out of the ventuz 4 FAQ into a useful shortcuts post?

More importantly when are we going to be able to have a play with the all new sexy looking Ventuz 4 guys!?
Joe Styles
Kinetic Pixel