Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Using Interactive Projects

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

anupamaverma27

Using Interactive Projects

Post by anupamaverma27 » 13 Aug 2014, 14:00

Hello,
I am an amateur in using ventuz. Though i have a little knowledge of working with the designer but i am still struggling with the director.
I have made a scene where a button would trigger an vdo to play but as soon as i cue it in the director it shows no interaction the i had applied.
Can you suggest as to how should i proceed for the desired result.

Best regards,
Anupama

Daniel Willer

Re: Using Interactive Projects

Post by Daniel Willer » 14 Aug 2014, 07:53

Hi there

The Director Preview and Program windows are not interactive, they will becomme in the future but aren't right now.
The interaction usually is done on the ouput (SDI,DVI...) The Director just grabs a preview of that output but is not generating any interaction data and send it to the runtime.
If you want buttons or values to be available from director you have to add the properties to either ProjectData, SceneData or AnimationData.
You can find some HowTos about Templates in the usermanual

Regards Daniel