Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Make a mask on a reflective ground

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

Carlos

Make a mask on a reflective ground

Post by Carlos » 09 Apr 2013, 12:32

Hey there!

I've followed the help topic on how to create a mirror reflection and it actually looks quite good actually!

My only problem is that the contents on the scene are gonna be moved around with touch translation nodes, and I can't find a way to make a stencil mask so that the reflection is only seen "below" the plane I used as a floor and the content is only rendered "above" that floor.

I don't know if I've been clear enough, but I hope you can understand what I mean! :)

Thank you in advance

Karol

Re: Make a mask on a reflective ground

Post by Karol » 09 Apr 2013, 13:34

Hi!

Check out the attached archive!
Hope this is what you need! Works only in Ventuz Pro because it needs Stencil nodes.

Karol
Attachments
stencil_reflection.vza
(21.26 KiB) Downloaded 313 times

Carlos

Post by Carlos » 09 Apr 2013, 14:51

Wow. Karol, thank you so much for your effort, but it's clear that I didn't explain myself :)

I did that, as told by the help file, and that makes reflection only render where the floor is actually displayed, but that's not what I meant.

I'm gonna follow Alex's advice and post a couple of images here:

As you can see, the reflection looks great, but when my content goes beyond the wall, the content and the reflected content collides...

Is there a way to avoid these, making the top content only visible on the upper side of the floor, and the reflection only visible on the lower side? Did I make sense this time? :?
Attachments
Snapshot2.jpg
Snapshot1.jpg

Carlos

Post by Carlos » 10 Apr 2013, 13:12

Will try and let you know!

Can't be more grateful :)