Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

How to use Slide Manager slide count as a variable?

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

theoribeiro

How to use Slide Manager slide count as a variable?

Post by theoribeiro » 18 Feb 2013, 21:56

Hello fellows,

I need to change a Text Texture set on a Slide Manager node depending on the current slide. Since I have a sort of an HUD with information about the slides, I can't set this inside the slide nodes. Every other nodes but my HUD are under a Camera and Projection nodes. To draw this Text inside the individual slides I'd have to be able to bypass this camera node, which I have no idea how to do.

So, is there a way to use the current slide variable as a parameter for a switch or something like that so that I can draw the correct Text?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Best regards,

Theo

Daniel Willer

Re: How to use Slide Manager slide count as a variable?

Post by Daniel Willer » 21 Feb 2013, 09:44

So basically it is possible to use the CurrentSlide property to change the Case of a switch node or to directly connect it to a Text node to display it in HUD.
But I think I do not really undestand your problems with the Camera node, a simple example scene would be very helpful.

Cheers!

joysprod

Re: How to use Slide Manager slide count as a variable?

Post by joysprod » 23 Feb 2013, 07:38

If you are trying to use the slide manager count, you could bind it with an OSC output node, and then use an OSC input node wherever you need it to obtain that value. No direct linking is required.

Peter