Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Renaming Font Preset

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

Etienne

Renaming Font Preset

Post by Etienne » 22 May 2017, 20:54

In Ventuz we can create and edit Font Presets and then edit the Preset to use a different font and all text using that Preset changes accordingly.
This is great, but the Font Presets were originally named for the font type they were using i.e. "Arial Black".
This can cause confusion when the Preset name is "Arial Black" but the font assigned to it is "Trade Gothic LT Std Bold".
Is there a way to rename a Preset? Or some other way to bulk change fonts in a scene?

Dennis

Re: Renaming Font Preset

Post by Dennis » 23 May 2017, 08:14

Hi,
you can simply rename it in the "Preset Field"-
Whenever you change something, font, style etc you will see the asterisk, which indicates properties are changed.

Change it to whatever name and save this "Preset".
It will also appear in the property drop down list later on :)

hope that helps
regArts
Dee
:ugeek:

Etienne

Post by Etienne » 26 May 2017, 22:14

That simply creates a new Preset, it doesn't update the name of an existing Preset, which is what we are trying to do.

For example if I've been using a Preset called "My Font" in my project and all my text uses that Preset, if I want to rename "My Font" to "Standard Font" for example, I don't think I can do this. I can only create a new Preset called "Standard Font" and select this new Preset for all my text which requires me to go through all my text nodes. I was asking if it is possible to simply rename "My Font" to "Standard Font" and have all text nodes using "My Font" update to "Standard Font" automatically.

Karol

Post by Karol » 29 May 2017, 10:17

Hi Etienne!

This feature is not available.
You have to go the lang way and edit every Text node which references the preset.
I created a feature request ticket to be able to rename presets and automatically update the scene.

Best Regards
Karol

Christian Krix Schmidt

Post by Christian Krix Schmidt » 29 May 2017, 14:54

You can always use the Find/Replace function (CTRL+F) for that. Enter the old preset name $YourOldFontPresent and the new preset name $NewFontPreset in the Find/Replace fields. Choose Value as the search parameter and click Replace All. Ventuz will display a popup with the number of found font presets and if you really want to replace them.

Chris

Etienne

Post by Etienne » 31 May 2017, 04:24

Thanks Chris, I will try that out!

Etienne

Post by Etienne » 31 May 2017, 16:36

Unfortunately this doesn't seem to work. It finds the values but doesn't replace them. I can click Replace All again and the same number of matches is reported again.
Attachments
Font Change.png

Christian Krix Schmidt

Post by Christian Krix Schmidt » 31 May 2017, 16:51

That is odd. It does work for me. Most of the time. Ventuz does find the matches, but Replace All sometimes only changes the first instance found. However if you click Replace repeatedly, it will go through all the items found and change all of them. I tried that a few times with the Enriched Text node and font presets that contain a space in their name. Works every time for me.

I am using V5.2.2.