Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Use OSC for getting my values.

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

solister

Use OSC for getting my values.

Post by solister » 28 May 2017, 21:02

Hello :) ,

I've a Xtion Pro Live camera and i need to obtain the joints positions of my body in Ventuz.
I see ventuz share an example with my camera but the middleware don't work, i obtain the DepthMap in Ventuz but it's impossible to calibrate an user ( All poses tested ).
So i have to create a middleware who get the joints positions and send it via OSC to Ventuz.

I've tested OSCeleton, it's a good middleware, when i use a OSC server coded in Python i can find my position (x,y,z) in float, but the project is based on liblo for send the OSC packet and after testing i can't obtain my values in Ventuz because Ventuz use "Ventuz.OSC".

So my question is can i change my ventuz c# script for decode my actual OSC message without Ventuz.OSC ?

or can i include the Ventuz.OSC library in OSCeleton project and replace the code for this code ?

Code: Select all

//Initialisation Envoie OCS
oscManager1 = new OscManager();
oscManager1.DestIP = "127.0.0.1";
oscManager1.DestPort = 7000;

//Methode Envoie Arguments OCS; Exemple : sendViaOsc("/head", head_x, head_y);
private void sendViaOsc(string bundle, float x, float y)
        {
            Ventuz.OSC.OscBundle d = new Ventuz.OSC.OscBundle(0, new Ventuz.OSC.OscElement(bundle, x, y));
            oscManager1.Send(d);
        }
Thanks for your help !

solister

Re: Use OSC for getting my values.

Post by solister » 29 May 2017, 21:11

Problem SOLVED, please close this thread.

Karol

Re: Use OSC for getting my values.

Post by Karol » 30 May 2017, 10:41

Hi!

Could you please share your solution with so that other may benefit from your work?

Best Regards
Karol