Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Efficient Layers - Use of Group Layer?

All other topics about Ventuz 5 here.

Moderator: Support

joysprod

Efficient Layers - Use of Group Layer?

Post by joysprod » 06 May 2017, 16:07

What is the most efficient way to use the layers and the Group Layer?

I have 4 HD outputs total resolution of 7680x1080 pixels.

My actual output area to LED is 7,200 x 1,000 pixels.

So I have two options, unless there are more?

1) All my layers are kept at 'Full Size' but then put inside a Group layer that is set to 7,200 x 1,000 pixels.

2) All my layers are scaled to 7,200 x 1,000 pixels and I do not use a Group Layer.

I will create a control area layer of the unused pixels 480 x 1080

I'm guessing option (2) above is more efficient as all areas are smaller to start with and any operations on individual layers will be at that resolution.
When set to 'Full Size' on a layer is that the total pixel space of the entire render output. i.e 7680 x 1080 in my case?

Also is it more efficient for processing to use the 'split' outputs in the Output configuration set up to split and remove unused areas? i.e in above, if I did away with my control area and remove 480 horizontal pixels off one of the outputs, and 80 off the bottom of all outputs. This would make the are that Ventuz has to operate on smaller? Could I then have a second machine with a single output that just does user interface. I know Ventuz recommends that all machines are identical and have same outputs etc. But is this also the case with this?

Peter

Eric_RD

Re: Efficient Layers - Use of Group Layer?

Post by Eric_RD » 09 May 2017, 16:05

I don't know whats more efficient but way 1 is a lot easier to handle.
Your "Control" Output doesn't have to be 480 x 1080 you can have Full HD aswell if you have 2 Machines in Cluster.
In Config Editor Create a new Render Setup with one Machine 7680*1080 Pixel
slit by cut (Top: 1000, Left 7200) and remove the three small rectangles.
Add another machine with Full HD (split by cut again on the full HD surface if you dont want the dead 80 pixel strip above/below the Production Output)
configeditor.png
left side: how your actual Graphics outputs look like
right: your "work space"

You project Format shoult be 9120*1080 (or 9120*1000 if you did the second split)
In the Designer create a Layer group with 7200 * 1000 pixels (Pos 0,0, Top Left)
inside this group you can place all the "production layers"

Create another layer outside the Layer group set it to Pixel (1920*1080 (1000), Pos 7200,0,Top, Left) for your Controls.
designer.png
grey=production (machine1)
yellow=control(machine2)
black=unused

et voilà: done.

Eric_RD

Post by Eric_RD » 09 May 2017, 16:11

I highly recommend to block the Layer Group on the Control PC and the control Layer on the Production Machine and check check which resources are loaded so you don't waste performance. (Use System ID node with "SystemID" property)

joysprod

Post by joysprod » 17 May 2017, 16:03

Thanks for your advice

Regards

Peter