Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

OSC output nodes not copying

Please report bugs in this group. We will maybe populate a list of known bugs with a possibly modified description at a later time.

Moderator: Support

robertwinter

OSC output nodes not copying

Post by robertwinter » 14 Mar 2017, 19:19

I'm trying to copy a hierarchy that has an OSC Output node and an OSC Input node attached to a Touch Translation. If I make a copy, the Input node copies but the Output node does not.

See attached archive for an example. Box 0 is the original. Looking at the Touch node you'll see both OSC nodes linked to it. Box 1 is a copy of Box 0 but the Output node was not copied over.

I've tried the OSC Output node linked to other node types and it never copies.
Attachments
Copy Test.vza
(10.12 KiB) Downloaded 211 times

robertwinter

Re: OSC output nodes not copying

Post by robertwinter » 14 Mar 2017, 19:40

Forgot to mention. Currently using Ventuz 5.1.1.71

Dennis

Post by Dennis » 15 Mar 2017, 11:51

Hi Robert,

please update to 5.2! it has a LOT of bugfixes!

in the last 5.1 to 5.2 updates and even the last 5.2.2 we had a lot of issues with the content container fixed.

Please give it a try and report back if the problem persists :)

Thanks and regArts
Dee

:ugeek:

robertwinter

Post by robertwinter » 15 Mar 2017, 14:27

Problem still exists in 5.2.2.280.

stephen

Post by stephen » 22 Mar 2017, 11:03

Hi Robert,

this behavior is not specific for the OSC Output Node.

Whenever you copy a Node to the Clipboard, all of the Nodes that are bound to one of its Inputs are copied with it. This is done to ensure the same behavior of the copied Node. Nodes that are bound to one of the Outputs generally do not change the behavior of the copied Node, so they are not regarded during the process.

To see understand this better, bind one of the Touch Translation's Inputs to one of the OSC Nodes Inputs and now do the copy. It will copy the osc node with it.

Think of using an interfacing Hierarchy Container to build your own Touch Translation Node that sends the results via OSC over the Network. Exposed properties are all the Inputs you need for the Touch Translation and for the OSC Packets (Address, IP etc.). This Node can now be copied as if it was just one Node, no need to worry about Bindings.

Best,
Stephen