Hello Ventuzians!
THE FORUMS ARE CLOSED!

Please join our discord server HERE!! << click me :D

We are shutting our Ventuz Forum, but don't worry, it will all be archived for you to search in if you have a query. From now on, please add all your comments, questions or observations into our Discord Server

Thanks for the great time - see you on discord!!
Dee, Karol, Daniel and the whoooole Product and Support team!

Render To Disk Fullscreen + Runtime

Q and A about functionality and how to solve a special task for your application.

Moderator: Support

gaz99

Render To Disk Fullscreen + Runtime

Post by gaz99 » 24 Jan 2017, 17:33

Hi,

I'm trying to render to disk whilst in full screen and using a Runtime license. I came across the application in the link below that works when using a designer license but not in full screen as it gives the error

"Could not start Render-To-disk mode in Ventuz: Remoting2: Render-to-disk: Could not initialize Remote Render-to-disk mode on the Renderer: Render-to-disk is only possible in Windowed mode: Failed"

When using a Pro Runtime license (in windowed mode) I get the error

"Remoting2: Render-To-Disk Error: Failed to create stream: Remote Render-2-Disk not licensed: Failed"

However I do not get this error when using a Designer license and it renders as expected when in a windowed mode.

Is there a way to render when in full screen using a Runtime license ?

Thanks.

http://forum.ventuz.com/viewtopic.php?f ... disk#p9428
Gareth - Kinetic Pixel

Dennis

Re: Render To Disk Fullscreen + Runtime

Post by Dennis » 25 Jan 2017, 10:37

Hello,

with the designer dongle, which usally also helds a runtime license, you can render to disk INSIDE the designer.
To be able to use Render To Disk with the same dongle in RUNTIME you need a R2D License for the Runtime.

To verify that, please check the Ventuz License Manager.

If you need that option, please contact sales(at)ventuz.com

EDIT:

the question is: what do you want to achieve?
Is it that you simply would like to render out of the designer to disk in FullHD?
If so: you just need to specify the OUTPUT RESOLUTION inside the Render2Disk dialog :)

Best regards
Dee

:ugeek:

gaz99

Post by gaz99 » 25 Jan 2017, 11:07

Hi,

I am trying to render out in HD whilst running a scene in fullscreen (preferably with a Runtime license) but I also need to output the audio. Is there anyway in Ventuz to do this?.

I noticed that tool I mentioned only supports image sequences.

Cheers

Gaz
Gareth - Kinetic Pixel

Dennis

Post by Dennis » 25 Jan 2017, 13:48

Hello,

in the output for the RenderToDisk options for the control set it to interactive (for example), set the duration,select the OUTPUT settings, just select any kind of VIDEO Codec, like MOV or AVI.
Define the Framerate (FPS) and SIZE (full HD in your case) also CHECK "Write audio file" and there you go :)

all this is done inside the designer ;)

hope that helps a bit :)

best regArts

Dee
:ugeek:

gaz99

Post by gaz99 » 25 Jan 2017, 14:17

Hi,

I am aware of this functionality in designer, I need to be able to do this at Runtime (VentuzPresenter) using a Runtime license.

Is this possible?

Cheers

Gaz
Gareth - Kinetic Pixel

Christian Krix Schmidt

Post by Christian Krix Schmidt » 26 Jan 2017, 12:49

Hi!

As Dennis wrote above, you need a Render2Disk option for your runtime license. The regular Runtime license does not offer this functionality.

Chris

Joe Styles

Post by Joe Styles » 26 Jan 2017, 17:46

Hi Christian!

Thanks yes we have been speaking to Jose about the R2D add on.

Can someone confirm that the runtime R2D will capture changes to the scene data tree and render them out?
Our requirements are to record a sequence of events that we fire to the scene via the scene data from our external control system. There will also be audio playout in the scene.

Will the R2D enable the rendering of this live?
Does it capture all the scene data changes that we send across and save that as an "interation" that we can then render out?

Thanks,
Joe
Joe Styles
Kinetic Pixel

Karol

Post by Karol » 27 Jan 2017, 12:12

Hi all!

The Render to Disk for Runtime/Presenter is a Remoting 2 feature.
You have to program your own remote app to control the render-to-disk process.
Ventuz can record the Remoting 2 commands for specific frames and replay them.
But this does not work for Remoting 4. So in your case, Joe, you cannot use it.

Best Regards
Karol

craig

Post by craig » 27 Jan 2017, 15:35

Hi Karol,

Thanks for the reply - that makes sense of something I couldn't quite get my head around looking at what Gareth and Joe were trying to achieve...

I've read the documentation and it referenced passing a RemotingHelper instance to create the connection - that's been deprecated in V4, so that explains why it's not possible to use this code as part of a Remoting4 based application.

It raises the question for me then, seeing as Remoting2 and Remoting4 have very different models with regard to externals, how do you use the Render2Disk with a native V4/V5 scene that doesn't conform to the model of exposing everything at the highest level to ensure compatibility with V2 Remoting libraries?

What we need to do is use a V5 runtime with the R2D add on if necessary, controlled via Scene Data using Remoting 4, and lay off that output in realtime to disk. It sounds like this isn't possible - are there plans to make this available in V5?

Thanks,
Craig.
Craig Hann
Kinetic Pixel

http://www.kineticpixel.tv

Karol

Post by Karol » 30 Jan 2017, 11:11

Hi Craig!

You are right - unfortunately!
Currently you have no chance to use Render-to-Disk with Remoting 4.
We are definitely aware of this lack! And working on something which will close this gap - but this is a long-term project.

Best Regards
Karol